Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-18-2019, 08:48 AM

Default Re: Please recommend a replacement for 17" MacBook Pro

If you are still thinking of remaining in the MacBook world, read this:

https://appleinsider.com/articles/19...els-on-the-way
Old 06-22-2019, 11:46 PM

Default Re: Please recommend a replacement for 17" MacBook Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darryl Ramm View Post
Thunderbolt 3 connections on your computer are backwards compatible with Thunderbolt 1 and 2 peripherals including audio interfaces. Apple sells an adapter.
Thanks Darryl! Will my Lacie get bus power? Not a deal breaker, cos it has the usb3 connector as well ... PLEASE let me know about your new 8 core 2019 i9 MacBook Pro. Especially regarding heat and fan noise. Money's tight. I could do an iMac i9 8 core. MAYBE an iMac Pro, (32gb ram from the refurb site. Don't think I could swing 64gb). So if you come back with good news, maybe I can run with just the MacBook Pro. See my situation? An iMac of some sort, and an older (cheaper) macbook pro for when I'm on the road. OR just a maxed out MacBook Pro... i9 8 core...IF it doesn't fry eggs, and IF the fans don't have it flying around the room. But like I said ... I'd need that UAD bus powered arrow, and some sort of bus powered hub for on the road, to let me get at least an iLok and maybe another external drive on there.