Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > General Discussion & Off Topic > General Discussion

Old 06-03-2020, 10:30 AM

Default The Stars of Everywhere

Long time no post! I guess that means my rig is solid and working well Good to see there is still a community here. I'm still doing a lot of recording but I've also done something I never thought I would do: I wrote a book, and it's recently been published. Just a wee bit of personal spam, and I hope you don't mind.

Yes, of course it has a LOT to do with music. It's a drama about a young record producer, set in the 80s and is very realistic for the times. Of course, this is pre Pro Tools, back when we were...gasp...using tape!! Anyway, I'm super excited about it and it's getting good reviews. The musically inclined, and recording people that have read it so far have enjoyed how I've woven together a compelling story that also includes plenty of time in the studio.

I'm proud of it and I think some of you might enjoy it too.

Linkie:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B087B8HCMY

Old 06-03-2020, 11:03 AM

Default Re: The Stars of Everywhere

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post
Long time no post! I guess that means my rig is solid and working well Good to see there is still a community here. I'm still doing a lot of recording but I've also done something I never thought I would do: I wrote a book, and it's recently been published. Just a wee bit of personal spam, and I hope you don't mind.

Yes, of course it has a LOT to do with music. It's a drama about a young record producer, set in the 80s and is very realistic for the times. Of course, this is pre Pro Tools, back when we were...gasp...using tape!! Anyway, I'm super excited about it and it's getting good reviews. The musically inclined, and recording people that have read it so far have enjoyed how I've woven together a compelling story that also includes plenty of time in the studio.

Linkie:

Congratulations!

Old 06-03-2020, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by graveleye View Post

Linkie:

That's so cool, congrats on such a big accomplishment. I wish you nothing but success in both careers and in life!

•2019 Mac Pro 3.5 GHz 8-Core Intel Xeon W - 48 GB 2666 MHz DDR4 (OS 10.15.5) •HD Native PCIe, HD Omni, 192 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •Avid S3 + Dock •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •5.1 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

Additional Systems

•2010 Mac Pro 2 x 2.66 GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon - 48 GB 1333 MHz DDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native PCIe, 192 I/o, 96 I/o, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x4), McControl (x1), JLCooper Surround panner for D-Command ES, Avid Control •Blackmagic Intensity Pro (HDMI) •7.1.4 Room with JBL LSR4300 series

•2017 MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz i7 - 16 GB 2133 MHz LPDDR3 (OS 10.14.6) •HD Native TB, HD Omni, Pro Tools Ultimate •McMix (x1), McControl (x1), Avid Control * or * D-Command ES Main Unit •Fed into whichever system is the main system
Old 07-06-2020, 06:24 AM

Thanks all!! It's been super exciting!