Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 07-26-2014, 07:11 PM

Default Exported and recorded audio volume is too low

I have been using The Fast Track device and Pro Tools SE software. When I play the audio files using Pro Tools SE the volume through the headset is high enough to hear without an issue. When I play the file that Pro Tools SE creates in any other application, I am unable to use the file because the volume is too low. The listener, whether myself or otherwise, is forced to turn the volume up on their physical speakers in order to hear the playback. I have shared the file with others and they have a similar issue. If they have small speakers, they cannot hear the playback of the file at all.

The fact that the Fast Track will only play through the headset does not help me to determine anything except that using the files outside of Pro Tools SE is not feasible. The headset works fine and the volume on the Fast Track device output is set to a similar level to that of the system speakers.

I have adjusted the track level and the master level as high as they will go without clipping. That results in only a slight increase in volume and a large increase in distortion when I first export the file and then play the file using another application. If the files that Pro Tools SE creates are unusable in any other application, then the application and the MP3 plugin I also purchased are unusable.

If adjusting the volume within the Pro Tools SE application does not fix the issue, then there is a problem with how these files are being created.

I need to know if there is a resolution to this issue and if anyone else has experienced it.