Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools SE and Essential (Win)

Old 07-23-2011, 09:25 AM

Thumbs down MP3 Option for ProTools SE?

Is there anyone that could finally install Fraunhofer Institute MP3 Option for ProTools SE 8.0.3? I am very dissapointed about Avid and ProTools team because they didn`t include this option as a free and easy built in plug-in after I bought all this!!! It was supposed to be simple and easy to create music not to meet all this hoops and problems... is it so hard to do a thing till the end? In comparison with other software like Adobe Audition that includes the same Mp3 option why ProTools is weaker? Can`t figure it out... really do i have to export my project in wav and then use aditional software to convert that file into mp3 as time and money are very important and i record speaking sessions of almost 12 hours?

shame...
Old 07-23-2011, 10:38 AM

Default Re: MP3 Option for ProTools SE?

Bought all what?

Pro Tools SE is basically Pro Tools "Free." Technically, you bought nothing. SE is the most basic, stripped down version of Pro Tools there is. So many features missing... mp3 bounce should be the least of your worries.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-23-2011, 11:33 AM

Lightbulb Re: MP3 Option for ProTools SE?

yeah.. whatever you say.. when i said i bought all that i was refering to the M-audio Mobile Pre and all my sound stuff like mics and cables and others in order to make recordings... and dude.. nothing is free in this world.. remember that! even when the commercial sais the software is free.. don`t worry.. it is included in the price of whatever you buy... of course i know this is the basic software and mp3 option should be the first of avid worries i think... whatever.. BUT I FIGURED IT OUT HOW IT WORKS AND I HAVE THE SOLUTION!!! to install the MP3 option on ProTools SE 8.0.3 you`ll need to follow those steps:

1. insert ProTools SE 8.0.3 CD (the software the came with your sound card)
2. access My Computer and right-click on the CD>Open
3. Additional Files > 3rd party content > MP3 Option Setup
4. after you install it, when you open Protools SE and want to export your project to MP3 format, a message will appear with an authorization code to enter
5. make a search on the internet and find a serial for MP3 option// serials from ProTools LE 8 are also accepted and available on many torrents// insert the serial once and that`s it.. you will be able to export to mp3s too//i thought about the possibility of posting the serial i used and worked for me here but i think this is not allowed.. but i think i will do so at your demands and if anyone is interested i am so glad i fix that after almost a day spent on the internet reading forums and other sites :))

YOU NEVER THOUGHT ABOUT THAT DISM!!! you know doing just that... spending time on forums, arguing and criticising people and topics :))

GOD BLESS ROMANIA!!! idu
Old 07-23-2011, 02:36 PM

I never thought about it because I paid for my copy of Pro Tools.

Mics and interfaces are interchangeable. I didn't mean any disrespect, but as I said... Pro Tools SE is not even the "basic" version, it's the stripped down version. Basically, Garageband. You get what you get.

I'm glad you got it working, though. Don't get me wrong.

The thing is, a lot of people here can't help you with SE, because most of us experienced users have paid versions of Pro Tools and have no experience with SE.

Best of luck with future recordings.

D
a n t h e I n c r e d i b l e S o u n d M a n

"Svetlana" v1 - 4.2GHz i7, 16GB RAM, OSX 10.7.4
Liquid Saffire 56 - PT10.2 - BFD2, VCC, Duende Native, Play 3.0

_C U R R E N T-D V E R B-S C O R E:515
Old 07-23-2011, 06:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dism View Post
Bought all what?

Pro Tools SE is basically Pro Tools "Free." Technically, you bought nothing. SE is the most basic, stripped down version of Pro Tools there is. So many features missing... mp3 bounce should be the least of your worries.
Couldn't said it better myself...

'IS TAMARA HOME'
NO, SHE'S WITH
HOBO KEY
'' (that dopey green thing)

('we' must start using pronouns)
Old 07-26-2011, 07:16 AM

I wanted to buy it to... but.. they didn`t want to help me.. so.. ok. thank you for your help and kindness
Old 04-18-2016, 04:19 AM

Hi there, I just wanted to say thank you so much for putting up instructions for how to activate the 'export audio to mp3 option' on the free protools software. I really appreciate it and it helped me complete a project that was very important to me. RESPECT! and GOd bless ROmania! driscoldy - Ireland