Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-01-2006, 06:54 AM

Default Problem with PT TDM & PRO CONTROL

Had an issue today - that I've partly solved - but I am now seriously head scratching?!!!!!

I'm running a G4 with Mix+ with Pro Control on OS9 with ver 5.1 PT. It has been running sweet for years - but today it's all gone pete tonge! It seems I had a DAE corrupted folder - which I trashed and replaced with the CD-ROM version of the folder (plus trashing all preferences as directed).

1. However I now get two warning messages on start-up - how do I get rid of them?

"Couldn't load video engine dll. Check to see if SVI.CF is in your extensions folder" and the second just after it "Authorize AV option" window. I'm assuming they are connected - I haven't got the AV option - how do I tell it I haven't got this and stop these messages?

2. My second problem is I can't get sound from my pro-control from PT's. Talkback works fine, as does any of the three 'direct source' buttons on the Pro Control. I have the output set right and it is displaying correctly on my 888I/O but no sound to the monitos when 'stereo mix' is selected on proControl. I did have to update my pro-control 'software' when I replaced the corrupted DAE folder/starting the pro-control for the first time - has something now been turned off in the pro-control? It is all set-up as an ethernet controller in PT etc and all the I/O settings are correct - but still no sound?!

A real head scratcher - especially as the source buttons and talkback work? Is there a problem with my 888 output/or procontrol input? Anybody offer any suggestions?
Old 02-01-2006, 08:35 AM
Avid

Default Re: Problem with PT TDM & PRO CONTROL

1. If you are not running AVoption, simply trash the Video Folder, located in the System Folder>DAE Folder.
2. Is there a way you can test the outputs of the 888 directly? Is it set up properly in Hardware Setups?