Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-03-2016, 03:45 PM

Default Protools 7.0 HD Install needed-Please help!

Hi all. I'm in a complete pickle. I am an HDX and HD system owner, have spent a lot of money on Avid products...PTHD 10 HDX mix controllers...separate 12HD license...an olde 7HD/G5 rig...I happen to love ProTools and Avid products, but was (and am ) not willing to pay into the new support contract plans...so here's my situation.

I bought the 7 HD rig a year ago and have had to do a fresh OS install because of a huge freeze (statrup hanging on blue)...everything got wiped and I don't have the original 7.0 HD install disks...I obvioulsy have the iLok, but ProTools 7.0 HD doesn't exist anywhere that i can see....on the avid site it's the only installer NOT listed for some reason

I can't contact Avid without an ASC so I'm asking if anyone can point me to a link to any Protools 7.0 HD installer. I've had to postpone a very important project as my HDX is in use.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Nick
Old 09-04-2016, 11:27 PM

Default Re: Protools 7.0 HD Install needed-Please help!

Hi, welcome to the community.

Unfortunately there is no PT 7.0 HD installer available (that I know of) as it was originally delivered on optical disc with a hardware purchase.

I'm afraid the only way is contacting Avid Support and ask them to sell you an installer disc. They used to have those available in their web store.
Old 09-05-2016, 02:38 PM

There is a PT 7 CD set on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Digides...cAAOSwawpXtnCz
Old 09-05-2016, 02:38 PM

There is a PT 7 CD set on Ebay.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Avid-Digides...cAAOSwawpXtnCz
Old 09-09-2016, 01:26 PM

Thanks J freak...i find it mind bending that there is no support for someone who has bought $20k worth of Avid products since 2012. I know that to some that is small, but it's a good chunk. I have an account. I have three rigs. I'm just not buying into the support plan.

I bought this 7 HD rig used...added some 888s and I use it for tracking bands on low budgets.

All I need the the damn installation software...but ...no where...on the internet does this exist???

Crazy World.

Someone please enlighten me on how to send an email to Avid support on this...for the life of me I can't figure out the website.