Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-04-2017, 02:12 PM

Default Pro Tools with Duet Display

I’m wondering/hoping if anyone here has any experience using Duet Display with Pro Tools.
I’m currently running a 2012 MBP, 16 gigs Ram, with an Apple Display as my 2nd monitor, and now my iPad 2 using Duet Display as my 3rd monitor.
My issue is video from Pro Tools (12.8.2) seems to scramble as soon as I slide it over to my iPad, so I’ve been using it lately for housing other windows on it.
I don’t have the issue when displaying video from other programs (such as chrome/YouTube) on there, still using Duet Display, just Pro Tools has this problem. The issue also persists if I am trying to run it on my iPhone 6s Plus, so I know it’s not the iPad.
Any ideas as to how to remedy this?

Thank you!
Old 11-04-2017, 03:12 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools with Duet Display

Quote:
Originally Posted by indeloon85 View Post
I’m wondering/hoping if anyone here has any experience using Duet Display with Pro Tools.
I’m currently running a 2012 MBP, 16 gigs Ram, with an Apple Display as my 2nd monitor, and now my iPad 2 using Duet Display as my 3rd monitor.
My issue is video from Pro Tools (12.8.2) seems to scramble as soon as I slide it over to my iPad, so I’ve been using it lately for housing other windows on it.
I don’t have the issue when displaying video from other programs (such as chrome/YouTube) on there, still using Duet Display, just Pro Tools has this problem. The issue also persists if I am trying to run it on my iPhone 6s Plus, so I know it’s not the iPad.
Any ideas as to how to remedy this?

Thank you!
could be that the Format of your Video is beyond what the ipad / 6s is capable of displaying .. format, size, codec .. etc

Macbook Pro july 2014 2.5ghz 16gb ram 512gb SSD - OS11.6.5 - PT 2021.3
Logic Pro X 10.7.4
RME BabyFace Pro
Old 11-04-2017, 10:03 PM

Hmm,

So I’ve been curious, since I posted this, about using the Codecs installer on the My Products page on the Avid site. Do you think this may help? Not sure if it could do any harm...
Old 02-05-2018, 05:00 PM

Hi indeloon85, did you get any lucky with that? I'm having the same issue here.

Best regards,
Gabriel
Old 02-18-2018, 08:16 PM

I've had the same problem for over a year. I contacted Duet display support many months back and they acknowledged the problem and encouraged me to reach out to Avid. Total bummer, as it'd be wonderful to have the video on the iPad to shore up screen space for the Pro Tools session.

Any of you Avid folks able to chime in on this issue?!

Blake
Old 04-07-2018, 12:39 PM

The same exact issue here with the video being scrambled. I've contacted Duet support twice now and so far, no love. The first guy said he would have to turn this over to their development team but I never heard back. The second guy didn't seem to understand the issue as I received a scripted troubleshooting reply from him.
Old 04-08-2018, 08:51 PM

Idk, but I've emailed duet about something else, and they said they're still working out some bugs with high sierra, don't know if you use high sierra though.