Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > AAX Plug-ins
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-22-2013, 02:19 PM

Default AAX DSP bugs

96K Session HDX 2 148 voices playing
UBK-1 DSP/Pro Expander DSP/ Sonnox Inflator DSP/ BF2A DSP
Plug-ins are not playing well together lots of audio distortion, sessions loading with plug-ins inactivated. etc
Change the plug-ins to Native - NO issues

Mac Pro 12 Core 32 GB RAM 10.7.3/PT 10.3.3
4 X Avid 16X16
2 X Digi Digital 192's
Old 02-23-2013, 01:54 PM

Default Re: AAX DSP bugs

Do you have the most recent versions of all the plugs?

there's a new app called Pluginupdate that does a pretty good job of letting you know which of your plugins are out of date. I was surprised by a few.

Freeware, and it doesn't install anything in your plugs - just reads them and reports back.

May help out.
2019 16" MBP, 32GB, 1TB SSD; OSX 10.15.7; 4TB USB-C G-Tech External
Summit Audio 2BA-221, TLA-50 -->Focusrite 18i20 3rd Gen, Eleven Rack, Pro Tools 2021.3
Plugins, Virtual Instruments, and real ones
Old 02-23-2013, 09:43 PM

Brand new install on everything.
PT 10.3.3 installer for BF-2A
Pro Expander just came out 2 weeks ago
UBK-1 came with my AAX pack
Sonnox AAX is brand new
It seems with HDX DSP running a lot different AAX DSP plug-ins seem to run into conflicts
Plug-in Load order seems to key but why should I have to beta test Avid's stuff.
It seems every version of Pro tools has crazy little annoying things like this.
If I have to convert plug-ins to native just to get them to work what the point of even having DSP cards?
I need 128 channels of I/O so I had to spend $5000 on a second card to go beyond 64 channels of I/O. This is suppose to be a pro system but I am not getting pro results!
Old 02-24-2013, 07:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post
man...I smell a rat here...a month ago you said you just bought PT software...and no hardware...just some staff on your mix buss...

now you have 128 channels of I/O...but don't know how to use it?????

very questionable that you would create threads like this...I have never heard of this problem of yours..
With all respect Stuart, Roberts is doing what it perfectly normal when things are not working as they should and is posting his experience with "his" setup and "his" plugins which you don't have the exact same!! This is what the forum is for!!

There is no need to attack someone just because you think they shouldn't have an issue that you do not have personally or haven't experienced yet.

If you can't be helpful or have nothing to contribute that might help the poster then move along! And what someone has as their sig is irrelevant and none of your business.

Chris

Producer, Engineer,
UKmastering Mixing & Mastering
Blinders_Columbia top 40 UK album charts
Slow Readers Club Joy Of The Return #9 UK album charts

www.ukmastering.com

PT10.3.10 Mountain Lion HD6 accel Magma PE6R4 D Command 32 MacPro 12 Core 3.46ghz UAD-2 Octo x2. Manley Vari-Mu, Manley Massive Passive, SSL VHD, ADL600, Grove Tubes ViPre, Tube-Tech CL-1B. Hafler TRM active monitoring.
Old 02-24-2013, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartFang View Post
man...I smell a rat here...a month ago you said you just bought PT software...and no hardware...just some staff on your mix buss...

now you have 128 channels of I/O...but don't know how to use it?????

very questionable that you would create threads like this...I have never heard of this problem of yours..
sorry but the job I do and the gear that I have is beyond your comprehension.
my I/O and the number of HDX cards and what hardware I use has no bearing on my posted issue. There are some serious issues using AAX DSP plugins @ 96K and Avid need to fix them.
Old 02-24-2013, 09:21 AM

Well it's the first time I heard of such a problem with the hdx card so let's try to see if it's an actual problem of Avid or maybe one of the plugin it self.

Have you tried to instantiate one plugin at a time and see if the problem happened with every pluging by themselves, and then in a combination of the plugins but not all of them at the same time?

See if the majority of these plugins works together well, then it's a bug in a plugin and would fall onto the plugin writer to fix. Avid is not the one who has to beta test the plugins of third vendors, it's to them to test them. Of course no other companies will have all the plugins either, so at one point it comes down to users pointing out where the possible error happens to the plugin companies so they can work on fixing it. Try to see which plugins exactly does this and in what order.

Quote:
Originally Posted by crizdee View Post
With all respect Stuart, Roberts is doing what it perfectly normal when things are not working as they should and is posting his experience with "his" setup and "his" plugins which you don't have the exact same!! This is what the forum is for!!

There is no need to attack someone just because you think they shouldn't have an issue that you do not have personally or haven't experienced yet.

If you can't be helpful or have nothing to contribute that might help the poster then move along! And what someone has as their sig is irrelevant and none of your business.

Chris
+1

Wave-T.com
Old 02-24-2013, 01:54 PM

Is UBK-1 AAX DSP?
Old 02-25-2013, 04:32 PM

I´m mixing an Metal Drums session @ 88.2KHz, using those plugins and no issues here...

if you're doing a music session, why using 96KHz instead 88.2KHz?
http://felipousismix.wix.com/felipousismix

Open Core Mac Pro OSX Ventura | ProTools HD 2023.x | Merging HAPI ADA8 | UAD Quad PCIe | Kali IN-8 | Presonus Temblor 10 | Softube, SSL, Universal Audio, Slate Digital, McDSP, Fabfilter, Plugin Alliance among other plugins
Old 02-25-2013, 04:35 PM

If your mixing with Native then the order does matter. Not sure what's driving the distortion but you can probably find a pattern that will help you figure it out.

Carl

PS Also did not know UBK1 is DSP.
PT 2021.10 HDX 16x24 -Mac Pro 12 Cores 48 GB RAM OS 10.13.6 - API 16 channel - AMS Neve 16 channel, AMS-Neve-SSL -Pres/Processing, Bock Audio, BLUE Bottle, Neumann, Josephson -Mics, Bogner, Kemper- Guitar, Chandler Zener-Curve Bender Outboard/Master. UAudio, Waves, Plugin Alliance etc.
Old 02-25-2013, 08:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by digidesigner View Post
Is UBK-1 AAX DSP?
UBK-1 is not available as AAX-DSP.