Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-07-2007, 09:37 PM

Default Missing Regions?

Have any of you guys ever had a session that the whole regions list disappeared? I don't know what happened to this session.

I recorded a drummer for a song of hers the other day and after a few takes we had some good tracks. So I bounced down a quick stereo mix for her to take home and closed the session and went about my merry way.

A few days later a opened the same session up and did some clean up work like cutting out just the parts we wanted and doing some fades and consolidation. I also did some sample replacement on kick and snare.

Then for some reason I looked in the regions bin for a file and it was blank, empty, na-da. The session plays back fine. But the only tracks I have are the ones on the screen. The regions bin is empty.

To further complicate this. A folder with the same session name appeared on another hard drive with audio and fades folders in it that are empty. I did not copy them out. An I have no idea how that copy got on the other drive.

I exported all the files I have to another folder for safe keeping. I also saved a copy of the session and copied all audio of course. But it's blank too. It plays but it's blank.

I also exported the audio files to the audio folder of the session in question and still got nothing.

So, I have the files I think but they don't show up. I have been all through the preferences and can't find anything that I thought would do this. And this is the only session on my box that's doing this.

Help me if you can.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
www.clearspotrecording.com
Old 07-08-2007, 10:49 AM

Default Re: Missing Regions?

I got nothing?
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
Old 07-09-2007, 02:54 PM

Dang! I still got nothing!
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
Old 07-10-2007, 05:19 PM

did you open the file from a template? if you did and you saved the session to a different drive, that will cause the audio and fade files to be in the template and the session to be in the session file. Its a crappy setup that way, but digi has not done much about it.
Old 07-11-2007, 04:59 AM

Thank you for your response. I guess no one has ever had this problem before.

The session was opened from a template. But the templates .pts file was copied and pasted in Windows to the new folder on a different drive before any audio was recorded. Even before Pro-Tools was opened.

I think I have this recording under control now, but I still would like to know what happened.
Command/8
PTLE 7.1 MPT
Old 07-11-2007, 08:52 AM

It's not unusual for files to be misplaced when starting from templates. What I prefer doing is creating a new session and importing the session data from a template.
That always keeps things tidy for me.

Good luck-