Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-10-2003, 05:43 AM

Default Re: Christmas in Baghdad mp3, digi 001

Happy Holidays all around (whatever your politics may be)!

~teahead

That I can agree with--

PC
Old 12-11-2003, 06:35 AM

I have no idea who is talking to who after evergreen posted a reply. Maybe quotes or name references may help?

Really it's hard to tell where anyone is coming from unless it's over the top or somehow more telling. When the Dead Kennedy's do a satire you KNOW what they mean. I got the impression you where mocking satirists. My post wasn't exactly serious either. I played the song for someone and we really couldn't figure where you were coming from. It is difficult to pull off when the audience doesn't know you. The onion ? Believe it or not people really do post horrible things on public forums so if you were being so unbelievably cruel, regardless of politics, on a public forum I was just trying to do my bit to keep [bleep] in check.
Bye
(((k)))
Old 12-11-2003, 07:16 PM

Satire or not i think most folks that hear it will think its an honest song...ROFL frightening thought.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:03 AM

Ok, patriots...

For the sake of clarity, Ill point out that wanting Iraqi children to have "christmas" , is a disgustingly ethnocentric notion. To not see the immediate and ridiculous notion of such a wish, would be an indication that you are blinded by your typical american selfishness.
Its amazing how ignorant some of us are.

Whats up with those Jingle bells? Are they real or samples?
Old 12-12-2003, 12:27 PM

The jingle bells are real. The Kurdish singers are samples. The guitar, I played with my feet.

Has anyone heard that Pat Benatar xmas song? I was trying to write an over the top ridiculous ''go usa'' xmas song then last night I heard that monstrosity and I almost puked. Say what you like about Christmas in Baghdad but that Benatar song is truely vulgar because it's serious.
Old 12-14-2003, 12:18 PM

it should be a very good christmas in baghdad this year. goodbye saddam. courtesy of the red white and blue, but you guys already knew that seeing how you love those toby keith types.

[url=www.myspace.com/chuckbutlermusic[/url]
Old 12-14-2003, 06:53 PM

Quote:
it should be a very good christmas in baghdad this year....
you don't really believe that, do you?
Old 12-14-2003, 11:29 PM

Quote:
you don't really believe that, do you?
which would you rather have as your dictator? saddam or hitler? thankfully iraq doesnt have to have either one. the end of a 27 year murdering reign sure sounds like a good present to me. plus now anyone that wants to can actually celebrate christmas there without fearing for thier life.

BTW, i just threw in the toby keith lyrics since you seemed to be such a big fan.

[url=www.myspace.com/chuckbutlermusic[/url]