Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-15-2002, 09:44 AM

Default A little disappointed

wow I started to get really excited when I saw this product for sale but I am a little disappointed when I came to this site. After reading 20+ pages in different "topics" I wondered why digidesign doesnt get more involved with their userbase. I cant see spending $1100 + dollars on this product that has such a strange and confusing "compatability" chart. Customers want to know a few key things before they spend a grand + on a piece of gear.

#1 NAMES! give me motherboard brand name that you support in a easy to read list. dont give me "some users have experienced good results with bla bla bla..what did YOU use to get best results and why.

#2 Why dont you support windows xp pro and if you plan on it then when, give me details on why or why not.

#3 Design the "updates" section per model that is clearly laid out and easy to read. Dont go off subject and fill the page with confusing links to updates that dont pertain to the model I clicked on. Is 5.3.1 the upgrade to 5.11? You should have tables and rows with model number and operating system versions.

#4 All the retailers are selling 5.11 with a link pointing to this site to check compatability
is it easy to upgrade to 5.31 if your using xp? who knows...

This is why i'm leaning more and more with just simple hardware based adats and REAL mixers/Effects. I would rather spend my money on something that works instead of relying on a messageboard and the latest firmware or updates to actually use the product.

Respectfully