Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 07-20-2011, 12:21 PM

Question Plugins missing after upgrade from PT7 to PT8 - How to reinstall?

We recently upgraded our HD system from PT 7 to PT 8. In the process, we lost the bundle of plug-ins that Digidesign included with PT7.

Now that we're on 8, can we reinstall these plugins from the PT7 discs? Or do I have to download new installers from the Avid site?
(http://www.avid.com/US/products/JOEMEEK-Bundle , etc.)

All the licenses are still on our iLok.

Here is a list of the missing plugins...

JOEMEEK SC2 Compressor
BF Moogerfooger Bundle v4
Focusrite d2/d3
Maxim
Voce Chorus/Vibrato
Tel-Ray Variable Delay
BF Voce Bundle v4
JOEMEEK VC5 Meequalizer
Bomb Factory BF-3A
D-Fi
Access Virus Indigo
Amp Farm 3
Cosmonaut Voice
SansAmp PSA-1

I apologize if this has been answered before. Search didn't find me anything useful. Thanks for your help.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:00 PM

Default Re: Plugins missing after upgrade from PT7 to PT8 - How to reinstall?

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadsynth View Post
We recently upgraded our HD system from PT 7 to PT 8. In the process, we lost the bundle of plug-ins that Digidesign included with PT7.

Now that we're on 8, can we reinstall these plugins from the PT7 discs? Or do I have to download new installers from the Avid site?
(http://www.avid.com/US/products/JOEMEEK-Bundle , etc.)
You can log into your Avid-account/Your products and there will be all the PlugIns from i.e. MassivePack and some more.

The rest I would download directly from http://www.avid.com/us/categories/Au...-ins-Pro-Tools
and not deal with any old installers which will have to be upgraded anyway.
MacPro5,1 ; 6-Core Intel Xeon 3,46 GHz, 32 Gig Ram, NVIDIA Quadro K5000 with 3 displays connected  OSX10.15.7  Pro Tools|HDX Ultimate 2023.6  HD I/O&192Digital&96&96i I/Os  D-Command ES  4xUnitor8 & 2xAMT8
Old 07-20-2011, 01:18 PM

Thumbs up Re: Plugins missing after upgrade from PT7 to PT8 - How to reinstall?

Thanks Hans,

Under "Your Productions" I don't see links to download installers for any of my plugins. Just installers for PT 7.4, PT 8, Melodyne, and DigiTranslator. Installers for the plugins may be bundled with one of the PT installers, but I don't want to reinstall Pro Tools... just the plugins. I guess I'll download them individually from the Avid site.
Old 10-22-2011, 03:38 PM

Default Re: Plugins missing after upgrade from PT7 to PT8 - How to reinstall?

I have the same problem. I upgraded from PT 7.4 to 8. My moogerfooger bundle that came with the DV toolkit 2 I purchased at same time is always asking for Authorization, saying the ilok does not recognize a code. So are the Trillium Labs plug ins. I don't think they've ever worked. I also feel there are alot more plug-ins should be working that are not. Anyway, I've up graded all plug-ins to their 8.0 versions and updated to 8.0.3 also updated DV toolkit 2 to 8.0 version. Still the plug-ins do not initiate. Also the x-form that comes with the DV Toolkit 2 upgrade asks for authorization. I should have stayed with 7.4 and left well enough alone. everything worked just fine