Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Windows

Old 07-06-2011, 09:02 PM

Default error: missing ilok authorization for pro tools 9. please insert the necessary ilok..

After I installed the new update for pro tools 9.0.3 and restarted my computer it showed this error.

things I have tried:
-re-installing: pt9 and ilok drivers
-I have switched usb ports
-I have done the whole optimize your computer for pro tools thing
-I have verified that my ilok is working because when i switch to my laptop it works perfectly (also windows 7)

what im working with:
-windows 7
-hp pavilion, it has 4g ram
-m-audio fast track
-m-audio axiam 25 (1st gen)
-korg nonokontrol

so hears the weird thing, when the computer is not connected to the internet I get this error, but when I am connected to the internet everything just works.. and I know this should not be the case soo.. anybody know how i can get my ilok to be recognized by pro tools without having to be connected to the internet?
Old 07-06-2011, 10:36 PM

Default Re: error: missing ilok authorization for pro tools 9. please insert the necessary il

When you go to ilok.com on your HP, can you confirm that the website can see the licence is indeed on your ilok?

For some strange reason even though the ilok driver version number hasn't changed, I always download the latest from ilok.com and install that as the very very last thing I do. Dunno why, but it works for me on the last few builds I did. This could explain that maybe the iLok driver is not working correctly, but the iLokHelper driver (which ilok.com uses) is working correctly.

When not connected to the internet, can you see the ilok in Device Manager? (though I think it will even if the driver isn't working with PT).

USB power management turned off in Dev Mgr?

Good luck,
Mike.

Avid Pro Tools|HD Native 9.0.3. Win7x64Sp1. i7-930 X58A-UD3R. Acronis backup. Black Viper optimized.
Google the DUC
Search Avid

Old 07-07-2011, 05:47 PM

Default Re: error: missing ilok authorization for pro tools 9. please insert the necessary il

Ilok.com does recognize the ilok and shows the licence for pro tools 9 when connected to the internent. power mang. is off.

When i go to the device manager it shows the ilok but it puts it in the unspecified catigory, not suere if that means anything.

I'll try reinstalling the driver again and see if that works, but as of yet pro tools still wont recognize the ilok even the the computer does when im not connected to the internet.