Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)

Old 04-18-2001, 06:15 AM

Default Control Virus with external midi keyboard?

Hey guys,

I just received the Access Virus plug in yesterday and loaded it up. I love the sounds but i'm wondering how I set it up so I can control it via my Korg 01W and midi. The documentation detailed the steps necessary for setting this up under a Mac system but it didn't give a whole lot of detail for NT. I'm running a Mix Plus system with a Winman 4x4. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Neil
Old 04-20-2001, 12:05 AM

Default Re: Control Virus with external midi keyboard?

I am running a Mac but maybe I can still help. Take a midi track, record enable it and make sure the output is set to the Virus. That should be all it takes. Make sure you are getting midi input to PT. Also, I think you need to have your controller keyboard on midi channel 1.

Jason
Old 04-20-2001, 07:03 AM

Default Re: Control Virus with external midi keyboard?

Thanks for the reply.

I did get it to work - for some reason, the first time I set it up according to the manual it didn't work. I came back the next day and viola! I didn't realize that in NT you don't really specify midi input devices (like I think you do in mac) - it looks like PT just always receives midi data no matter what input on the winman I use.