Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 02-22-2002, 04:16 PM

Default Digi customer service

Hello, I was wondering if any of you have had I problem like I'm having. I ordered my Digi 001 Factory bundle on 2/1. I am still waiting on it. Calling the store I ordered it through on a daily basis, it never shows up, even though the Digi rep says it is on its way! I could have had it a month ago had I went to guitar center, but thought I'd rather support my local store, which is a Digi dealer. Do they not care about the little guy at all? How hard is it to put a package in the mail, even over-night it at this point? But no, I just keep getting the same old line... Just curious if anyone else has had this problem? Should I give up and go with another product? If this is how they treat thier customers, I'm not sure I want to buy the product... Waiting in Olympia Wa, VIA music 6000....

Mat [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Mackie Control Universal Pro
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Intel MB P35 Express Chipset 1333Mhz FSB
Memory: 32GB DDR3-800
Old 02-22-2002, 04:58 PM

Default Re: Digi customer service

I admire your loyalty, but why don't you buy it from someone who has it in stock?
Old 02-22-2002, 05:40 PM

I suppose I could have done that, but I really don't like guitar center. I have had nothing but bad experiences with them. Plus it is a 30 mile drive to a store that does have it in stock. Plus I had to build a new machine, which only took a local computer store 2 days to turn around. I was prepared for a wait, I must admit. But 22 days? I have ordered all kinds of stuff through stores like this and it is 7 days at the most. I am cool with that but after waiting this long with no response at all from DIGI I wonder what kind of tech support, etc I can expect from them after I finally get the product...
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Old 02-22-2002, 06:19 PM

No I've never had a runaround like you're describing. For next time(?) try Musicians Friend- http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ They are just South of you, in Medford, Oregon.
Everything I've ordered from them was here within days- If you can, why not just cancel your order from "hotendote music" and get that 001 from M.F. or Sam Ash? That is rediculous. They should be there to support YOU!
Old 02-22-2002, 06:35 PM

Another great customer service based outfit is Sweetwater Sound. These guys are the best when it comes to service, support, and sales reps that realy know what they are doing. www.sweetwater.com
Old 02-22-2002, 06:49 PM

I thought about it, but it'd be a slap in the face of Music 6000 if I went with someone else at this point. They aren't the ones screwing up here, it's digidesign. I got a better price than musicians friend too. So I guess I'll wait some more. It really sucks cause my girlfriend is out of town and I had the WHOLE weekend to work on it. Right now I am drinking rum and coke trying to forget this whole mess. To top it off it looks like I need to get windows me to run on my A7V266E anyhow... Sorry, I am just venting my extreme disapointment. I have been saving and waiting on this system for a VERY long time. I wish I wouldn't have bought those ADAT's for 3,500 each when they came out... [img]images/icons/shocked.gif[/img]
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600

Old 02-23-2002, 02:03 AM

I am also like that in that I have my favourite store to whom I am loyal.But I do make it a habit to add a deadline date to things I order.If you word such a clause right,you would be amazed what you could excact as penalties. I myself have now own numerous music shop manager's daughters [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2002, 11:09 AM

I met a guy at one of my gig's last year who works with a large musical equipment distributor... his biggest customer was Sweetwater. After discussing his business practices at length, I would be surprised to find that your local store is waiting on a shipment of ONE 001 Factory DIRECTLY from Digidesign. Course, I could be wrong... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
BTW, between Digi tech support and this forum, you should not be concerned about getting what ever help you may need in the future.
At this point, I would reconsider your local store, and lay aside your problems with mail order. You could be up and recording in a matter of days.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:<HR>Originally posted by matocaster1202:
I am cool with that but after waiting this long with no response at all from DIGI I wonder what kind of tech support, etc I can expect from them after I finally get the product...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 02-23-2002, 11:32 AM

I understand your frustration. I have been through similar situations before. Sounds like your local store is holding you up. This happened to me once. They kept telling me they were waiting for the software to come in. I knew something was up. I beleive they were waiting to afford a large shipment of the product and kept holding me off. Never the less, I drove 30 miles to the big city, picked up the software from a great well known store(Long & McQuades in Canada) and that was that. The local store finally called me 4 weeks later and informed me it was in. Sorry boys, I now purchase all my equipment at L&M or online. When I need it, I need it now, not a month from now.
Sweetwater I've used up here and they are great. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 02-23-2002, 11:44 AM

Well, I have already fully paid for the product. I have no reason to believe the store would lie to me about this, so I will just wait it out. If it isn't in by Monday, I will just ask for a refund and go with a different product.

I work for a company that makes a few mistakes, but we will go way out of our way to correct them. My point was that Digi could have easily corrected the problem but chose to ignore it. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]
Intel Core 2 Quad Q6600