Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-19-2015, 03:46 PM

Default Pro Tools 11.3 not available in my iLok Products

Not sure if this is the place to post this or not, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place. Didn't see anywhere else better to post this...

I'm trying up update to Pro Tools 11.3, and just updated my Mac Mini to Yosemite 10.10.1, but due to the OS update, it is saying "iLok Sharing Error. An iLok cannot be shared across multiple operating systems or computers. Disconnect and reconnect your iLok when switching to another OS/Computer." I'm guessing I have to sync it up with the new OS somehow? If so, I'm not sure how/where to do so. I'm assuming once that is done, Pro Tools 11.3 will show up in my iLok product Details and Download Links? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:49 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools 11.3 not available in my iLok Products

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruseleh View Post
Not sure if this is the place to post this or not, so I apologize if I'm in the wrong place. Didn't see anywhere else better to post this...

I'm trying up update to Pro Tools 11.3, and just updated my Mac Mini to Yosemite 10.10.1, but due to the OS update, it is saying "iLok Sharing Error. An iLok cannot be shared across multiple operating systems or computers. Disconnect and reconnect your iLok when switching to another OS/Computer." I'm guessing I have to sync it up with the new OS somehow? If so, I'm not sure how/where to do so. I'm assuming once that is done, Pro Tools 11.3 will show up in my iLok product Details and Download Links? Any assistance would be greatly appreciated!
You may need to reinstall the ILM software. I run a dual boot system here (OSX 10.8.5 and OSX 10.9.5) and have to have the ILM software on both partitions. Contrary to what the error message says an iLok can be shared across multiple os's or computers; you just need the ILM on everything.

When you did the update to Yosemite - did you do a clean install or install over an existing install of oSX? Even though Apple says you can do an install over an existing OSX versions it's really better to do a 'clean' install (which the Yosemite installer gives you that option) and reinstall EVERYTHING. It's a royal pain I know but seems to be the way to go. You may get lucky installing Yosemite over an existing OSX install though. And that's all it is - luck.

QAPLA!
Old 01-19-2015, 04:50 PM

Did you install the last update to ILM? I got the same message until I did.
OWC Express 4M2 (4 X 2TB)
Interface: Presonus Quantum
Presonus Faderport & Faderport 8
Black Lion Sparrow Mk2 A/D, FMR-RNP-RNC, MIDI Xpress 128
BM5A, KRK VXT4, Equator D5
2020 Macbook Pro 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD Audio(mobile rig)
Old 01-19-2015, 04:52 PM
Admin Emeritus

Follow the instructions here:
http://duc.avid.com/showthread.php?t=340359

As others said, install the ILM, but you might want to also do the Sync/Repair as detailed above.