Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 12-20-2017, 04:41 PM

Default Upgrade Plan expired

I logged in the day before my subscription was due to expire, and followed the steps to pay with my Mastercard. I got the message on the screen that said "Subscription updated successfully". Then, the next day, I got an email telling me my subscription had expired. I called about it, and the technician told me to change the switch to automatic renewal, and try again. So, I followed his instructions, using my Mastercard again, and once more, I got the message "Subscription updated successfully". I went to check my Mastercard account, but apparently, no request to send payment to AVID was ever made. I don't know what went wrong. Why was I told my subscription was successfully updated when my Mastercard was never charged?
Is there really a 30-day grace period, or not? My subscription expired on Dec. 8th. If there is, how do you actually make the payment? I thought I did.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ProTools sub renewal 2017(1).jpg (30.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ProTools sub renewal 2017(2).jpg (28.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 12-21-2017, 11:44 AM
Avid

Default Re: AVID Does Not Honor "Grace Period" Buyers Beware!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpmorgan View Post
I logged in the day before my subscription was due to expire, and followed the steps to pay...
Your screenshot shows details for the first product listed in your account. That is an Annual Plug-ins and Support Plan for Pro Tools which provides assisted support and bonus plug-ins. The 5th product listed in your account is the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan and that's what provides new software releases and extends the Release Limit date on your Pro Tools license (to authorize those new releases). Your account shows that the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expired in Dec 2016. This info matches the CS rep's response to your support case earlier this month. Since you are beyond the 30 day grace period for renewal, you have the option to upgrade your perpetual license or subscribe to get new versions of Pro Tools. Hope this info helps.
Old 12-24-2017, 03:09 PM

Please do look into these problems, and soon. I started in 2012 with ProTools 9, and I'd like to continue my subscription. I have version 12.4 now, and I'd like to upgrade to 12.8, but not if I have to pay 300 Euros. And especially not since I tried to renew the day before my subscription was due to expire, and I was told that my renewal had succeeded, as my screenshot shows.
Will AVID get in touch with me by email about this, or should I return to this forum thread for information?
Old 12-24-2017, 03:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro View Post
Your screenshot shows details for the first product listed in your account. That is an Annual Plug-ins and Support Plan for Pro Tools which provides assisted support and bonus plug-ins. The 5th product listed in your account is the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan and that's what provides new software releases and extends the Release Limit date on your Pro Tools license (to authorize those new releases). Your account shows that the Pro Tools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan expired in Dec 2016. This info matches the CS rep's response to your support case earlier this month. Since you are beyond the 30 day grace period for renewal, you have the option to upgrade your perpetual license or subscribe to get new versions of Pro Tools. Hope this info helps.
Yes, I know it says my subscription expired in Dec. 2016, but I renewed for one more year then, and had no problems paying with Mastercard. That subscription was good until Dec. 8, 2017. There's a lot I don't understand here. But if it's over, it's over. I can only look at this as just a hobby anyway; I'll never be able to work professionally, or make any money with it.
Old 12-27-2017, 03:44 PM
Avid

Quote:
Yes, I know it says my subscription expired in Dec. 2016, but I renewed for one more year...
Will start a support case to get more info.
Old 12-30-2017, 05:23 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan expired

Many thanks to jeffro and team for allowing me to continue with the upgrade plan. I just renewed. In case anybody else out there is confused about this, if you want to continue to be able to download the latest versions of ProTools, you need to select the option "ProTools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan", not the "Annual Plug-ins and Support Plan for ProTools". That might be obvious to most people, but it made a fool out of me!
Old 12-30-2017, 07:46 PM

Default Re: Upgrade Plan expired

Quote:
Many thanks to jeffro and team for allowing me to continue with the upgrade plan. I just renewed. In case anybody else out there is confused about this, if you want to continue to be able to download the latest versions of ProTools, you need to select the option "ProTools Annual Upgrade and Support Plan", not the "Annual Plug-ins and Support Plan for ProTools". That might be obvious to most people, but it made a fool out of me!
Glad you got it sorted out and that you have the correct plan. It might seem obvious to most people but believe me when I say many have made that mistake and/or similar like thinking paying the $99 will get then onto a lapsed plan again so don't feel anything like a fool. We all done these mistakes somewhere or other since most stuff we get is bought over the web nowadays and we don't "always" read the fine "fine print" hehe Been there too.

OT a bit but I paid a licensing lawyer a fair chunk of money to read and explain Apple's and iTunes agreements we all click thru everytime there is an update of some sort aswell as a few other license agreements with Soundcloud and Facebook Youtube et al ... I then got the low-down in their over priced offices and it took 5 hrs of billable hrs to go thru these pages and pages and more pages and explained it to me like 3 times and IF ... and Only IF some of these things we agree to were to be implemented and excercised we would be quite surprised and some of us quite screwed

It was a lot of very weird stuff in there and as far as I understood which still wasn't everything I felt like I had a daymare afterwards ... maybe I will read these very carefully next time as we do agree to all kind of stuff we would never agree to hehe

Happy Holidays and Have a Super Nice New Music Year

—————————————
South Side Music Group
WEBHOME
—————————————