Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-09-2014, 01:58 AM

Default Removing unauthorized UA plugs in Windows

Now that UA have released AAX versions for windows I have every UAD plugin that I don't own in my plugin lists. Other than purchasing all of them is there a way to only display the ones I have?
Old 05-09-2014, 04:11 AM

Default Re: Removing unauthorized UA plugs in Windows

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheB View Post
Now that UA have released AAX versions for windows I have every UAD plugin that I don't own in my plugin lists. Other than purchasing all of them is there a way to only display the ones I have?
I don't know if UAD has separate .aax files for their plugs but you could look in the used plugins folder and if there are just move them to the unused plugins folder (do this with PT closed). Delete the PT11 databases and PT will rescan the plugins on next startup and you should not see the plugins you don't own. Unfortunately you'll have to go through this every time UAD has a software update.

QAPLA!
Old 05-09-2014, 07:39 PM

I didn't know the first thing about where Pro Tools was installed or where various assets resided but I was determined to sort out my plugins to regain my sanity.

After some searching around I found my UAD plugins here...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Universal Audio

I selected all and then ctrl+clicked my authorized plugins to remove the from the selection. Once this process was carefully complete I used CTRL+X to cut them from the folder and they all turned semi transparent.

From there i navigated back to...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused) ...and pasted them here.

I restarted the computer, launched Pro Tools 11 and opened my last project. Checking the plugins available for insert showed my newly culled list. Problem solved!

I did not have to delete the databases folder.
Old 05-10-2014, 04:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BillytheB View Post
I didn't know the first thing about where Pro Tools was installed or where various assets resided but I was determined to sort out my plugins to regain my sanity.

After some searching around I found my UAD plugins here...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins\Universal Audio

I selected all and then ctrl+clicked my authorized plugins to remove the from the selection. Once this process was carefully complete I used CTRL+X to cut them from the folder and they all turned semi transparent.

From there i navigated back to...
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Avid\Audio\Plug-Ins (Unused) ...and pasted them here.

I restarted the computer, launched Pro Tools 11 and opened my last project. Checking the plugins available for insert showed my newly culled list. Problem solved!

I did not have to delete the databases folder.
Good you got it taken care of. However not good in that you didn't know where PT files and such are installed - sad to say but if you're going to use PT you're going to have to pay attention to these types of things and become something of a computer geek. PT is NOT plug and play software.

You wouldn't have to delete the databases folder just the PT database itself. There's a nice utility program specifically for Windows that takes care of such things and it's called Trasher and is done by one of the people who post here.

QAPLA!
Old 05-10-2014, 11:35 AM

No worries, I'm a very comfortable computer person. I built my first computer in 1984 and have been programming and using some kind of personal computer in my life since then. I've been using PT since December but I haven't really had to investigate the file structure for any reason. Adding to the confusion is having PT 10 and 11 installed at the same time. Just about everything I found in searches was related to OSX and involved trashing databases which was not necessary for me in Windows 7.