Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-08-2008, 10:55 AM

Default Plug-in could not be made active... T-Racks.EQ

I'm working on older PT sessions, and I'm having trouble opening up some of the plug-ins that were used when these mixes were done.

The T-Racks EQ plug in comes up inactive, and when I try to make it active I get the message: "The plug-in could not be made active because the plug-in is not present in the plug-ins folder". Although, I downloaded T-Racks from the IKMultimedia site and it is listed in my plug-ins folder. Any suggestions?
Old 08-09-2008, 04:36 PM

Hi,

The T Racks plug in may not be able to run on your system givin the requirements of both older and newer versions of Pro Tools.

Have you looked in your plug-in folder to see if it is phsically put it in there OR did you follow the install? and reboot? Since these are older sessions I am wondering if the two versions of PT and T Racks are truly useable.

Just my guess...good luck
Scott: -)
Old 08-09-2008, 04:52 PM

I bet I know what the problem is. Think of a great dividing line in terms of T-Racks History. Pre 1 and Post 1. Older sessions used good old T-racks. If you (within the past year or so) downloaded and installed T-Racks, it installed T-Racks 1.x. This is NOT the same plugin as T-Racks (no 1 at the end of it).

I ran into this myself. I didn't even realize I was doing it. You can actually keep the old version of the plugin AND the new version of the plugin in the plugins folder. You'll see something like T-Racks and T-Racks 1.x in the folder and the plugin drop down menu.

IK is a great company. If you're a registered user (not saying you aren't), I am sure Jason or someone over there can help you if you are in the boat of needing an old version of the plug to open other people's files.

Check it out though, I bet that's the problem.

hope this helps

brian
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:27 PM

It also depends on what vs of pro tools you are running. PT7 does not handle htdm plugs like it used to be with TRacks but rtas only.
Old 08-10-2008, 04:49 AM

If its only a HTDM-RTAS conversion... simply click on the deactivated plug, and instantiate the new version on top. That will convert it to the new RTAS version with settings intact.
HDX and HD NATIVE
48 gig Ram
PT 2019. Something
Sierra
192 IO and 96 IO

TDM user way back. PT user since 98.
I'm either working, sick, or both.