Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-01-2006, 03:51 AM

Default problem bouncing to disk in PT 7....help!!

Hi,

First off, here is my setup:

PT 7 LE
Powerbook G4 (OS 10.4.3, 1.5Ghzm 2GB RAM)
FW800 External drive (for my projects and audio files)
002R

Everything works fine when I play the session back, but as soon as I attempt to bounce to disk, I get the following error messge:

"DAE can't get audio from the drive(s) fast enough. Your drive may be too slow or fragmented, or a firewire drive could be having trouble due to extra firewire bandwidth or CPU load. (-9073)"

I had never experienced this with PT 6.x and I definitely have never had HD streaming issue or anything of that sort. So, I went ahead and played around with the buffer settings, and even went ahead and recorded my master track to a separate track, opened a new session, imported that audio file and sure enough, as soon as I tried to bounce, it gave me that error again! Nothing seems to work. My CPU meter is not reporting any hits, so the error makes no sense. Not sure how else to troubleshoot this. I ended up having to import that audio file in Final Cut pro and export a stereo track from FCP!! Pain in the you know what. ;-) Hope there is an easy solution for that. Or else, I may have to revert back to 6.9

thanks;
John
3GB of RAM
002R interface
Old 01-01-2006, 04:57 AM

Default Re: problem bouncing to disk in PT 7....help!!

John,i have the same error messages like you..i thought it was firewire related and drop my projects folder to the internal disk.But the errors are still present.what helps was setting the cpu usage to 99%.And reboot before every bouncing to disk..weird but that works..
i never experienced that behavor with 6.9 ..it's 7 that's for sure.
take care
Old 01-01-2006, 01:43 PM

Thanks for the reply. Funny I also tried moving my project to the internal drive. I also did try changing the CPU usage to 99, but didn't do the reboot thing. That is kind of a hassle!! Can someone from Digidesign please address this? It's obviously not an isolated event.

Thanks;
John

Quote:
John,i have the same error messages like you..i thought it was firewire related and drop my projects folder to the internal disk.But the errors are still present.what helps was setting the cpu usage to 99%.And reboot before every bouncing to disk..weird but that works..
i never experienced that behavor with 6.9 ..it's 7 that's for sure.
take care
3GB of RAM
002R interface
Old 01-01-2006, 03:46 PM

when i bounce to disk, i like to do a little dance and say a prayer to the pt gods in hopes that i dont get any error messages...

actually, i have had absolutely no bouncing errors since i upgraded to a dual 1 gig memory card setup from crucial.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:28 AM

Hi Dirk - welcome to 7.0! This is one new feature some of us are having fun with. Digi suggested my processor settings should be set to 95% not 99% and this seems to have helped. I made the leap from 85% to 99% thinking this would help but 95% seems more happy when bouncing.

BTW there's a thread for 7.0 issues you can sign up to if you feel it would help...
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#913988

Founder of the Expert Sites.
Old 01-02-2006, 01:49 AM

Hi Russ,

Not sure if the 95% setting helps. I've tried that as well (I used to have it on 99). I think I've pretty much exhausted all kinds of workarounds. I really don't think I should even do a workaround. I had no problems bouncing in 6.9.2!!

J.

Quote:
Hi Dirk - welcome to 7.0! This is one new feature some of us are having fun with. Digi suggested my processor settings should be set to 95% not 99% and this seems to have helped. I made the leap from 85% to 99% thinking this would help but 95% seems more happy when bouncing.

BTW there's a thread for 7.0 issues you can sign up to if you feel it would help...
http://duc.digidesign.com/showflat.p...fpart=1#913988
3GB of RAM
002R interface
Old 01-03-2006, 08:30 AM

I just picked up a brand new PT system yesterday and I have the same problem. The guys at the store set it all up for me and the recording went fine. When I went to bounce I got the same "firewire cannot load fast enough" message. So I went to setup and went to level 8 (whatever that is) and I got it to bounce (only eight tracks no plug ins).

I just spent every single dime I had on a G4 Powerbook with 2gig a Digi 002 rack and external 250gig HD.

I think I just made a horrendous mistake...I need to burn a CD all the time, I mean all the time, I like to check the early recording in my car. Now I spent all this money and I can't check a mix, really great.

Very, very sad.
Cheers.
Old 01-03-2006, 08:42 AM
Avid

For anyone experiencing the 9073 errors, please tell us:

1. Which plug-ins you have installed and their respective version numbers. The plug-ins folder is located at MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-ins.

2. Go to MacHD>Library>Startup Items and tell us what you have inside that folder.
Old 01-03-2006, 10:02 AM

I hear you man. One thing I started doing was I would just record my output to a track and use that audio file as my "bounce".

J.

Quote:
I just picked up a brand new PT system yesterday and I have the same problem. The guys at the store set it all up for me and the recording went fine. When I went to bounce I got the same "firewire cannot load fast enough" message. So I went to setup and went to level 8 (whatever that is) and I got it to bounce (only eight tracks no plug ins).

I just spent every single dime I had on a G4 Powerbook with 2gig a Digi 002 rack and external 250gig HD.

I think I just made a horrendous mistake...I need to burn a CD all the time, I mean all the time, I like to check the early recording in my car. Now I spent all this money and I can't check a mix, really great.

Very, very sad.
Cheers.
3GB of RAM
002R interface
Old 01-03-2006, 09:05 PM

startup items:

- adobe version cue
- digidesign mbox2
- digidesignloader
- m-audio firmware loader
- PACESupport
- Qmaster
- SideTrack

Plugs:

- Amplutube 1.0.1
- BF Essential plugs V.7
- Cosmonaut V.4.2
- Equim 2.1
- Firium 2.1.1
- Kontakt 2 V.1.1.1
- Smack 7.0
- Synchronic 7.0
- Tracks 1.2.1
- VocAlign 2.9.4
- Waveshell 5.0
- Bunch of Wrapped VST plugs using VstRTAS

Hope this helps.

John

Quote:
For anyone experiencing the 9073 errors, please tell us:

1. Which plug-ins you have installed and their respective version numbers. The plug-ins folder is located at MacHD>Library>Application Support>Digidesign>Plug-ins.

2. Go to MacHD>Library>Startup Items and tell us what you have inside that folder.
3GB of RAM
002R interface