Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-27-2022, 08:55 AM
Avid

Default Re: S1 Banking on iPad Control App

Quote:
Originally Posted by melgares View Post
understood..but I guess my workflow is the other way around.
I want the S1 banking my iPad. So I click on my S1 and the iPad will follow.
I don't want the S1 follow the iPad.
From you images it looks like the tablet is in Hybrid mode. The meters screen should be following the S1 banking, are they not? The Mixer screen will not in this mode though, but why would you want it to when you have a better meters screen and the faders right in front of you.
Old 11-17-2023, 01:47 AM

Hey, I have the same problem. The control app isn't following the banking / nudging on my S1. Tablet is in linked mode. The only way I can achieve it is, when I go to the general setting in the control app and set "Views Bank Independently" to "off". This works great as long as there are no hidden tracks in my session. With hidden tracks it is a complete mess. I'm on macOS Ventura and Nuendo 12.0.70

Last edited by chednb_pro; 11-17-2023 at 01:58 AM.
Old 11-17-2023, 08:25 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chednb_pro View Post
Hey, I have the same problem. The control app isn't following the banking / nudging on my S1. Tablet is in linked mode. The only way I can achieve it is, when I go to the general setting in the control app and set "Views Bank Independently" to "off". This works great as long as there are no hidden tracks in my session. With hidden tracks it is a complete mess. I'm on macOS Ventura and Nuendo 12.0.70
Does changing the Hidden tracks settings in EuControl help?
Old 11-17-2023, 10:05 AM

Unfortunately not. The hidden tracks option in EuControl doesn't change anything for me.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Does changing the Hidden tracks settings in EuControl help?
The problem only occurs in Mixer view and Channel view of the Control App.

For example: I have 10 audio tracks in my session, the first track is hidden.
My S1 starts with track 2, but the Mixer view starts with track 3 and indicates one more unaccessible track to the left of track 3 in the Universe view.

So it seems like Mixer and Channel view take the amount of hidden tracks and subtract them from the actual visible tracks. This is confirmed by hiding another track (track 2). Now the S1 starts correctly with track 3, but the Mixer and Channel view start with track 5. The mismatch between the shown channel on the Control App and the S1 starts to grow...

This is annoying.

Is this a Nuendo thing?
Old 11-27-2023, 10:50 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by chednb_pro View Post
The problem only occurs in Mixer view and Channel view of the Control App.

For example: I have 10 audio tracks in my session, the first track is hidden.
My S1 starts with track 2, but the Mixer view starts with track 3 and indicates one more unaccessible track to the left of track 3 in the Universe view.

So it seems like Mixer and Channel view take the amount of hidden tracks and subtract them from the actual visible tracks. This is confirmed by hiding another track (track 2). Now the S1 starts correctly with track 3, but the Mixer and Channel view start with track 5. The mismatch between the shown channel on the Control App and the S1 starts to grow...

This is annoying.

Is this a Nuendo thing?
Yes, this is Steinberg issue and how they display the tracks
Old 11-28-2023, 12:53 AM

Quote:
Yes, this is Steinberg issue and how they display the tracks
Hi Eddie, thanks for the info.
There are so many implementation bugs / issues with Steinberg, that's super annoying.

But the option in the Avid Control App under general settings "Views Bank Independently" set to "off", is initially meant to sync the controller (S1) with the app in terms of banking / nudging right?
Old 11-29-2023, 08:50 AM
Avid

From the guide:
Views Bank Independently Controls how banking and scrolling are or are not applied to other views on Master and Hybrid tablets (Meters tablets are unaffected), letting each view maintain its own bank position (On), or bank globally (Off). While Unlinked,
you can double-tap one of the View tabs at the top of the screen to reset all views to the same banking as the selected (double-tapped) view. For example, if in Mixer view track 3 is on the furthest left strip, but Tracks view has track 8 in the top left-most
tile, double-clicking the Tracks tab resets all other views to match the current Tracks view banking (in this example, Mixer view
resets so track 8 is on the furthest left strip, and Channel and Meters view reset similarly).
Old 11-29-2023, 10:54 AM

Quote:
From the guide:
Eddie, I think it would be best if you could answer the question with a simple "yes" or "no". On the Nuendo forum I already answered "no" (my interpretation) but since you're here and the question came up again it would be clearer if you just answered that way.

Quote:
"Views Bank Independently" set to "off", is initially meant to sync the controller (S1) with the app in terms of banking / nudging right?"
The answer is "no", correct?

In other words the setting is only related to in-app functionality, not functionality between the s1 and the app...
Old 11-29-2023, 12:28 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mattiasnyc View Post
Eddie, I think it would be best if you could answer the question with a simple "yes" or "no". On the Nuendo forum I already answered "no" (my interpretation) but since you're here and the question came up again it would be clearer if you just answered that way.

The answer is "no", correct?

In other words the setting is only related to in-app functionality, not functionality between the s1 and the app...
Because it's not a yes or no answer and depends on how many tablets you have. If you have one in Hybrid it syncs, but if you have multiple S1 meters it won't sync those.