Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Avid S1, S3, Dock and Control App
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-17-2023, 02:14 PM

Default Re: Avid control app / EuControl only works with wifi

Since I own Avid controllers (Artist Mix and now S1) I have never connected the controller to the Router. I always connected the controller to the computer as I think this is the way it should be right?
Old 11-17-2023, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chednb_pro View Post
Since I own Avid controllers (Artist Mix and now S1) I have never connected the controller to the Router. I always connected the controller to the computer as I think this is the way it should be right?
Back in the days of the Artist series of controllers, and even now if you only use 1 controller, you could connect it directly to the computer. Nowadays it's a little more complicated with Avid Control tablet and multiple controllers (Dock+S1) etc.

This is a good guide. https://resources.avid.com/SupportFi...rking_2021.pdf

I've always had a robust network with all controller and tablets by using a dedicated router/wifi network solely for Eucon. I have my computers etherthent port going to my internet router just for internet and other networked computers. Then I have a secondary ethernet port (via thunderbolt dock) going to the Eucon Router. All controllers are plugged into that router and the tablets connect to that routers wifi signal. I have that network designated in the Eucon Preferences under System Preferences on the Mac.
Old 11-18-2023, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iain Haworth View Post
What's your network service order in System Settings>Network (then the small pull-down menu at the lower right>Set Service Order)?
Thanks for the hint, just changed the order so the USB to ethernet adapter (wired internet connection) comes first and then the wifi.

So now I have wifi on the MacBook constantly activated, however still a fast internet connection over the USB to ethernet adapter because it is listed first now, and Avid control can connect flawlessly on the tablet via wifi.

Works great now for me. Thanks
Old 11-27-2023, 10:55 AM
Avid

Having two network adapters connected to the same router is a big no, no in IT land. This means there are two default router(if not setup manually/correctly) the computer doesn't know what port to use. Why is wifi even on? Also check the EUCON control panel and make sure the ethernet is set as the port to use.
Old 11-27-2023, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by its2loud View Post
Back in the days of the Artist series of controllers, and even now if you only use 1 controller, you could connect it directly to the computer. Nowadays it's a little more complicated with Avid Control tablet and multiple controllers (Dock+S1) etc.
As recently as a few years ago I remember using USB (no wifi) for the iPad with my Dock and this was great because of my less-than-ideal wifi situation. Everything Eucon just worked. I do not exactly recall if it coincided with my adding an S1 with its own iPad two years ago, but somewhere along the way my ability to use USB ended forcing me to use wifi, and it has been much more frustrating ever since.

I do not know if there are technical reasons why USB cannot be used with multiple devices, but if there is any way to bring that back, it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 11-28-2023, 12:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by EddieJones View Post
Having two network adapters connected to the same router is a big no, no in IT land. This means there are two default router(if not setup manually/correctly) the computer doesn't know what port to use. Why is wifi even on? Also check the EUCON control panel and make sure the ethernet is set as the port to use.
Hi Eddie, on my old Windows machine I also had two built in ethernet ports and never had problems. As I said, it now works flawlessly for me. The MacBooks wifi is till on, so the Avid Control App can connect - otherwise it won't connect to EuControl (don't ask me why).
Old 11-28-2023, 09:56 AM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by DAWgEAR View Post
As recently as a few years ago I remember using USB (no wifi) for the iPad with my Dock and this was great because of my less-than-ideal wifi situation. Everything Eucon just worked. I do not exactly recall if it coincided with my adding an S1 with its own iPad two years ago, but somewhere along the way my ability to use USB ended forcing me to use wifi, and it has been much more frustrating ever since.

I do not know if there are technical reasons why USB cannot be used with multiple devices, but if there is any way to bring that back, it would be greatly appreciated.
Can you go to the EUCON control panel and check what the network is se to?
Old 11-28-2023, 09:58 AM
Avid

Quote:
Hi Eddie, on my old Windows machine I also had two built in ethernet ports and never had problems. As I said, it now works flawlessly for me. The MacBooks wifi is till on, so the Avid Control App can connect - otherwise it won't connect to EuControl (don't ask me why).
The wifi in the WS must be connected the same network as the tablet is connected to ?
Old 11-28-2023, 11:41 AM

Yes they are both in the same network, but the MacBook is already connected to the network via the ethernet connection, so I don't get it why it still needs the MacBooks wifi turnen on. But as öong as it works I'm happy
Old 11-28-2023, 02:03 PM
Avid

Quote:
Yes they are both in the same network, but the MacBook is already connected to the network via the ethernet connection, so I don't get it why it still needs the MacBooks wifi turnen on. But as öong as it works I'm happy
Can you collect the logs(from the EuControl menu) and post a link to them in a Private Message?