Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-20-2010, 08:16 AM

Default editing and bouncing 2 hrs of music

i need to edit and bounce 2 hours of music...
is there any other way to bounce 2 hours of music without waiting for 2 hours for the bounce ....??
Old 09-20-2010, 08:58 AM

Default Re: editing and bouncing 2 hrs of music

Not in PT. It's real-time, so there is no getting around that during a bounce.
Old 09-20-2010, 10:15 AM

You could bus to a new stereo track and record as you work. Once you have it finished, consolidate the new track and export it.

The better I drink, the more I mix

BTW, my name is Dave, but most people call me.........................Dave
Old 09-21-2010, 07:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
You could bus to a new stereo track and record as you work. Once you have it finished, consolidate the new track and export it.
not sure i understand you... how do you record ? what do you mean ?
Old 09-21-2010, 09:24 AM

Cool Re: editing and bouncing 2 hrs of music

When you are done editing, open up the Regions bin, select the wanted regions and >Export Regions As Files [shift+command+K]. This will not include any plug-ins (unless you have printed them with AS of course).
Old 09-21-2010, 01:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by montreal View Post
not sure i understand you... how do you record ? what do you mean ?
Send all your tracks to a stereo bus. Create a new stereo track, set its input to the same stereo bus, put it in record-ready and go. If you are always recording as you mix, when you reach the end, you will have a recorded track with a bunch of regions(because of each time you stopped the transport). Review all the splices between regions and fix any clicks with some short cross-fades. The Select AlL the regions on your stereo "mix" track and consolidate them(now you have a single audio file for the 2 hour project). Export it as a stereo file.

Old 09-23-2010, 05:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by albee1952 View Post
Send all your tracks to a stereo bus. Create a new stereo track, set its input to the same stereo bus, put it in record-ready and go. If you are always recording as you mix, when you reach the end, you will have a recorded track with a bunch of regions(because of each time you stopped the transport). Review all the splices between regions and fix any clicks with some short cross-fades. The Select AlL the regions on your stereo "mix" track and consolidate them(now you have a single audio file for the 2 hour project). Export it as a stereo file.
yeah thats a solution.. but i never did that and still not sure i understand how i can record something only by editing... but i will try thanx anyway my friend !
Old 09-23-2010, 03:03 PM

no you cannot record by only editing. That advice given was not an aswer to your question. You want to bounce something faster than the time your session takes.

This is not possible. It used to be an option on PT 4 or 3 or 5 or so but not anymore. With the modern times coming our way they took that option out for whatever reason that I do not understand anyway so let's not get into that any deeper.

what you can do is select the output of all your tracks including the masterfader and set it to (option) bur 3-4.

Then you create a new track and set the input of that one also to 3-4. The output to the standard analog output.

Now you start to record on that track. This is a flexible way of recording. YOu can still change anything in the session and simply record parts that you improved.

When you have it all as you like you select 'Duplicate' from the audiosuite and select the option 'create continuous file'. After you duplicates you go to the regions and you can export as files.....

Play a little with this and see if you can get it.
Old 09-23-2010, 09:58 PM

My suggestion was so that you could record sections of your mix as you get each part edited. Once you reached the end,(in theory) you would have the whole thing recorded, but in sections(IOW, you would have several regions that you would consolidate and export as a single file(after you checked and touched up any of the region splices). If this isn't making sense, then skip it and leave it for the future.

Old 09-24-2010, 02:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonkid View Post
no you cannot record by only editing. That advice given was not an aswer to your question. You want to bounce something faster than the time your session takes.

This is not possible. It used to be an option on PT 4 or 3 or 5 or so but not anymore. With the modern times coming our way they took that option out for whatever reason that I do not understand anyway so let's not get into that any deeper.

what you can do is select the output of all your tracks including the masterfader and set it to (option) bur 3-4.

Then you create a new track and set the input of that one also to 3-4. The output to the standard analog output.

Now you start to record on that track. This is a flexible way of recording. YOu can still change anything in the session and simply record parts that you improved.

When you have it all as you like you select 'Duplicate' from the audiosuite and select the option 'create continuous file'. After you duplicates you go to the regions and you can export as files.....

Play a little with this and see if you can get it.
im sorry im too stupid... i just dont understand what you can record ?.. which source are you recording ? what are you recording ? ... because my project is very simple i have 2 hours of music i need to edit. and by editing i mean a very simple thing on this case becasue i just have to cut the silence on that 2 hours recording to reduce it and to bounce it in one full file...