Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Mac)

Old 12-26-2004, 04:10 PM

Default Type 2 error.......Please help if you can!

hey guys,thanx for taking the time to read.

Thursday night I had a vocal session right.Everything is normal and running smooth!Friday morning I get into the studio to work on some drun traks on the same song and things go south quick!I start self traking drum takes,and after about the second take I walk in the control room to hit stop and I hear nothing playing.I pull up the L1 ultra to see if any signal is going through and the meters are stuck.So I save the session and close it,reopen it and I get the "The application has closed because an error of type 2 has occured!

So I reboot and try to open it again and the same thing happens,and after this happens and I try to open another session I get the same message as above except the eror is a type 3!Every other session on that drive pulls up fine and dandy as long as I dont try to open this one first.

I am running a G4 350(sawtooth) with a 1.5 ghz upgrade,running OS 9.2.1 and PT 5.2.1cs(32 trak Beta) and Digi 001.I have trashed the DAE prefs.,pro tools prefs. and waves prefs.,also trashed digisetup???????????

I dont know whatelse to try so I am open for suggestions!Thanx again for your help!

Chris
Old 12-27-2004, 06:46 AM

Default Re: Type 2 error.......Please help if you can!

Bump.........
Old 12-27-2004, 08:39 AM

Type 1, 2, and 3 errors are Mac OS memory-addressing errors. These are usually caused by incompatible software or software conflicts.

Ah, OS9, how I don't miss it!

this link may help, but why it should be just the one session seems strange. Are you using any plugin not employed on the sessions which come up OK?
Old 12-27-2004, 07:17 PM

Quote:
have trashed the DAE prefs.,pro tools prefs. and waves prefs.,also trashed digisetup???????????

Try also to rebuild the desktop using Tech Tool ! !
Old 12-28-2004, 05:16 PM

Hey thanx guys for the help but still no luck!I started a new session and tried to bring in some og the consolidated tracks to at least save some of the session,while working on that the new session froze!I didnt get any errors just a freeze!Urrrgh!

Anyways,Im wondering if I have a corrupted audio file or something??????I just dont know.Please if anyone has anymore suggestions I am open!

I dont mind redoing the song,its the fact that I dont what caused this and it could happen again that really bothers me!

Thanx again!
Chris