Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)

Old 01-17-2010, 07:36 PM

Default Pro Tools Failed to launch!

Hi All. Newbie here having problems getting Pro Tools LE to launch. When I double click I get an hourglass which eventually disappears, but nothing else happens. The only indication that anythin is happening is that when I go to my system processes it shows that PT is using resources. Other than that - nothing. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling. Same thing. Windows XP home duo, nothing else running. Also, does anyone know if you can run sound through an MBox without running PTs? Everytime I try to switch the sound card in Reason over to the Digi driver it locks up. Frustrating!

Thanks!
Old 01-17-2010, 08:14 PM

Default Re: Pro Tools Failed to launch!

Couple of things,

temporarily move all your plugins to another folder, delete the preferences files, then load PT again...

if it loads, then one of your plugins is giving you problems, If thats the case then, incrementally (or in sets) add plugins back to the PT plugin folder and load protools respectively, until the offending plugin cause the original problem.

If it doesn't load then you may have a bad install, itc, uninstall and reinstall, do a search for ""PT Nuke"", its the complete un-installer for protools and drivers.

As far as using the MBox for things other than PT usage, yes you can, make sure the asio drivers are installed correctly. I've also had problems with my MBox freezing up, not quite sure why, but my problem may be too many sound cards on my system. YMMV
Old 01-18-2010, 12:07 AM

You can run other sounds thru the Mbox IF you use the MME helper, but it will not let you access audio for more than one program at a time.
Old 01-18-2010, 02:13 PM

Thanks to both of you. Question to Tha Producerz: When you say to move the plug-ins to another folder, do you mean the ones that load with the PT install, or 3rd party? Also, do either of you know of any bugs in XP that would interfere with PT loading? I did the PT Nuke, reinstalled and it keeps stalling out, but continues to try to open. Lastly, what is MME helper?
Old 01-18-2010, 03:21 PM

If you have Internet Explorer 8 installed, uninstall it and see if that helps.

Cheers,
Source-Connect: brucehayward