Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-07-2006, 08:55 AM

Default I trashed my DAE prefs (7.3).. won\'t see 002(edit)

Anyone else? Reinstalling PT 7.3 now...
Tech support: I understand that there will be kinks to work out. I am trying to be methodical and patient... I trashed the DAE prefs and now it says it can't recognize the 002 and just stops booting.
Old 12-07-2006, 11:47 AM

Default Re: DO NOT trash your DAE prefs (7.3).. won\'t see

I had no problems trashing my prefs and databases with 7.3. Still sees the 002r; no issues.

It is definitely recommended to trash prefs and databases with any PT update.

Studio rig: Gigabyte GA-EX58-UD3R, Intel i7 920, 6GB Patriot DDR3, NVidia 8600GS, LG GGW-H20L BD-RE, Sony CRX195E1 CD-RW, 2x WD Caviar black 640GB (os swap), 1x WD caviar 320GB (sessions), 1x Maxtor 120GB (sessions), 1x Seagate 1TB (samples/loops), Profire2626, Command8, PT12 on OSX

Mobile Rig: 2015 MacBook Pro Retina, Apollo Twin, PT12
Old 12-07-2006, 11:50 AM
Avid

Default Re: DO NOT trash your DAE prefs (7.3).. won\'t see 002

It definitely sounds like something else is going on, as trashing prefs or databases shouldn't cause this kind of problem.

Have you power cycled both the 002 and your computer? Tried a different firewire port?
Old 12-07-2006, 12:55 PM

Quote:
It definitely sounds like something else is going on, as trashing prefs or databases shouldn't cause this kind of problem.
Well newsflash, it DOES, Einstein ;]

My problem with McDSP, Altiverb and AutoTune will need upgrading of the plugins or will Digidesign address that?

"A fatal exception has occurred.
Pro Tools must exit."

(I love the clear & self-explainable error messages of Pro Tools.... )
Then comes the interesting part:

"A log file has been written to: ****"

How thoughtful.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:04 PM
Avid

Quote:
Quote:

My problem with McDSP, Altiverb and AutoTune will need upgrading of the plugins or will Digidesign address that?

Pro Tools must exit."

How thoughtful.

If you would like assistance with any issues you are experiencing, you will need to be more clear about what, exactly, is happening. Your post does not provide enough information - when you say "My problem with McDSP, Altiverb and AutoTune will need upgrading of the plugins or will Digidesign address that?", what are you referring to, exactly?

As for the 'fatal exception' error - this is an OS error and not a Pro Tools error. You should go through the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread and post specific info on your system per the info on that thread if you're unable to resolve the problem.
Old 12-07-2006, 01:12 PM

spk - "It is definitely recommended to trash prefs and databases with any PT update."
absolutely! I agree 100%.. That's what I did, but right now I am reformatting and whatnot, so I won't know for a little while.

digi tech - when I am back up and running, I will try the other options as well, if it doesn't work. I have spare fw cable etc, so that is not a problem. thanks for your reply!
Old 12-07-2006, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Pro Tools must exit."

How thoughtful.

If you would like assistance with any issues you are experiencing, you will need to be more clear about what, exactly, is happening. Your post does not provide enough information - when you say "My problem with McDSP, Altiverb and AutoTune will need upgrading of the plugins or will Digidesign address that?", what are you referring to, exactly?

As for the 'fatal exception' error - this is an OS error and not a Pro Tools error. You should go through the steps in the Win XP/ Pro Tools 6.x/7.x General Troubleshooting thread and post specific info on your system per the info on that thread if you're unable to resolve the problem.
I'm sorry but the error goes away as soon as I remove McDSP , Altiverb and AutoTune from the PlugIns folder, so it's apparently not an OS error. By the way THAT'S exactly the problem I'm having with the plugins. Nothing else. I can't startup pro tools with those plugins in the folder, or else it halts with that error.

I'm surprised Digidesign didn't have these details about this problem.
Old 12-07-2006, 02:12 PM

"I'm surprised Digidesign didn't have these details about this problem."

It certainly doesn't help for you to post in the Windows forum, does it? This is how they find this stuff out.

Obviously you are running mac, so why would you confuse the issue even more?
Old 12-07-2006, 04:53 PM

Quote:
Obviously you are running mac, so why would you confuse the issue even more?

Am I missing something?

ScottedogStudios on ReverbNation
Old 12-07-2006, 05:04 PM

Noize said "My problem with McDSP, Altiverb and AutoTune will need upgrading of the plugins or will Digidesign address that?"

Last time I checked McDsp was mac only... he(or she) was posting in the windows forum, as if things are not confusing enough for people right now!