Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 01-10-2015, 01:24 PM

Default Re: Server Issues to Upgrade PT 11 and Drivers

Just downloaded Firefox and attempted it that way. Same issue. No download and a window opens up saying it can't find the server.

I'm trying to download the 1.2.2 drivers for the 3rd Gen MBox.

Well I rocked a Digi 001 for a long time. I didn't upgrade my Mac just because of the 001. And slowly I saw things not work anymore as technology advanced around me. I don't ever want to go through that again. To your point I'm not in a rush to upgrade. It's just that the updated are posted and available and I had the day off.

I've been using the hyperlinks. I even tried downloading the drivers I already have and downloaded from Avid, and got the same issue.
Old 01-10-2015, 02:58 PM

Same issue here tried on 3 different browsers. No go cant download even the PDF file in My Account.
Old 01-10-2015, 03:07 PM

Using Chrome, I just downloaded numerous assets without any issues whatsoever. Try Chrome.

Formerly hobotom

Pro Tools Ultimate 2020.12 HDX
HD Omni and 192 I/Os
Windows 10
Intel Hexcore i7
All Samsung Pro SSDs
Ampex MM1200 2" 24 trk tape
Outboard: UREI, Eventide, Lexicon, Yamaha, TC Electronics, Orban, ART, EchoAudio, Dolby, Hughes, API, Neve, Audio Arts, BBE, Aphex, Berringer, MOTU, dbx, Allison, etc.
Plug-ins: Too many to talk about.

www.metrostudios.com
Old 01-10-2015, 03:37 PM

Default Re: Avid Downloads NOT working

I'm on Mtn Lion and I tried to download 11.3 with FireFox today. Got the "can't locate server" which reminded me that I never can seem to download anything from Avid with FireFox.
Switched to Safari and it downloaded instantly.
Old 01-10-2015, 04:27 PM

It's working on Safari now. Looks like they fixed the issue.
Old 01-10-2015, 07:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironbut View Post
I'm on Mtn Lion and I tried to download 11.3 with FireFox today. Got the "can't locate server" which reminded me that I never can seem to download anything from Avid with FireFox.
Switched to Safari and it downloaded instantly.
As a test, I downloaded the 11.3 installer with both Safari and Firefox today. Worked just fine. I'm on OS 10.9.5.
Old 01-11-2015, 03:39 AM

I'm new to PT, and getting more and more frustrated by the day. I've come from Logic Pro X, where everything just works. But I'm having all sorts of problems interfacing everything from my Mackie 1640i FireWire mixer/audio interface, to my Novation SL Mkii MIDI keyboard. Oh, and my Apogee GiO as well.

However, I found this thread while searching for why I can't download the update to 11.3 (11.2 was on the disc and is what I installed before it told me an update was available)

I've read the first 6 or 7 pages of this long thread, and now the last page.

Seriously, Avid - Apple got rid of Java for a reason. Security. And are you now telling us that we have to compromise our computers by installing Java, just so we can conform to the stupid Java code you've used on your download sites? None of my Macs has Java installed, and I REALLY don't want to install it. It is so last century!

Why is Avid making things so difficult, when it could be so easy? Why not just have a direct download link, and let the browser handle it? You know - like almost everyone else does?

Come on Avid - you charge like a wounded bull for your software and gear - the least you can do is look after your customers and make things easy....

I am not impressed with my first encounters with PT - I only changed to conform to the standard setup used at our University. But I'm seriously thinking about reverting to Logic Pro X. Never, ever, had a problem with that.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:30 AM

Get used to it.
Old 01-11-2015, 05:52 AM

What made you decide to change? The reason I am curious is not to defend Avid but more to ask why one would leave a solid DAW for another one.
I am the main songwriter/performer for Midwest Whitetail, Cabela's Deer Nation, Spring Thunder, and Northern Waters Series!
Old 01-11-2015, 06:17 AM

Main reasons were twofold: I work at a large university (Medical School), and make my own tutorial videos. The media dept don't provide any help or support for anything other than Pro Tools for audio, and Final Cut Pro X for video editing.

I use Final Cut for video, but have been using Logic for audio. However, I've recently got some software that you may be aware of, called Revoice Pro - for ADR (Automatic Dialog Replacement). When I shoot video that involves somebody speaking on screen, it is usually in a very poor acoustic environment - particularly in the operating theatre. (I'm a surgeon and teach clinical anatomy as well). So I use a voice-over guy to overdub the dialog, and sync it back to the location audio that I then mute. Revoice Pro does it superbly well, with one click in each direction - but only with Pro Tools. It does work in Logic to a degree, but it's all a bit of a workaround, whereas in PT, it is literally one click each way.

That ADR can't be done within Final Cut Pro X, as it doesn't allow spotting of an audio track back in sync with the original, whereas PT does. I've been in touch with the Revoice Pro people, especially now that the BBC have started migrating all their news and programme editing to Final Cut Pro X, to see if it can be made to work within FCP directly, but so far, Apple won't provide the ability to spot sync.

So - Pro Tools it is - both for the support of the university media dept, and also to get Revoice Pro to work.

I have to say, though, that it does seem very klutzy in how it fits into an existing audio system that doesn't use Avid's own interfaces etc. Logic? Never a problem.

I'm still trying to download the 11.3 update here - I'll try again tomorrow, as it's 11:15pm here now. I'll try in the middle of our day, which should be Sunday evening at Avid - maybe the servers won't be as busy?

Last edited by DrRock; 01-11-2015 at 02:42 PM.