Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-20-2012, 01:51 PM

Default is it possible two sync 2 NON identical PTHD systems together.and a CONTROL 24

Can I sync PT TDM with HDX or HDN or even just PT
Do they have to both be on the same version . Can I have 9 and 10 or just either but not both
Can I get HDX to sync to HDN or TDM.
if so what is need,d for this and is it stable .

How does integrating a Control 24 work

Can tracks be on HDX and aux,s and vca,s and master be on HDN.
Do the systems actually communicate together or do they just sum together in the end. How does monitoring work . (OMNI)
How about if they are both HDX

The reason I am thinking about this is. WAVES
If HDX handles all the audio tracks EQs DYNAMICs
can I use a separate HDN system for aux tracks and bus,s and ultimately the master fader
since WAVES will not be AAX DSP anytime soon I thought this would be a great way to utilize both.
Since HDN would not have to playback any audio just process it seems a perfect combo (if its possible)
Cheaper than a second HDX card as well . and if HDN can stay 10 while HDX goes 11.
Its the ultimate of both worlds .

I know this is a lot to take in but is it possible.
Old 11-20-2012, 03:15 PM

Look at the info on Avid satellite link, that essentially connects the transports on different Pro Tools session it does not interconnect the audio data between sessions, you cannot route busses between them etc.

Darryl
Old 11-20-2012, 05:03 PM

Default Re: is it possible two sync 2 NON identical PTHD systems together.and a CONTROL 24

So how would a final mix work out.
As you can tell I have no idea how this works.
I understand that it links the transport controls
but what about the two bus summing for a final mix.
Old 11-20-2012, 05:29 PM

Default Re: is it possible two sync 2 NON identical PTHD systems together.and a CONTROL 24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weird Audio View Post
So how would a final mix work out.
As you can tell I have no idea how this works.
I understand that it links the transport controls
but what about the two bus summing for a final mix.
Here is the manual http://www.avid.com/static/resources...uide_ver10.pdf and see stuff here http://www.avid.com/US/industries/wo...ti-system-Sync

It just links transport control, as I said there is audio data interchanged within Pro Tools (e.g. over the Ethernet link), its multiple separate systems with transports synced, so no final mix done between these systems, not at least within Pro Tools. For monitoring you deal with the audio out from the separate systems or use an XMON type solution (see the links above). For a final mix you move the stems to a final mix system and combine 'em or use summing via additional hardware as described in the docs on the page I gave you above. The post guys are the folks to ask about satellite workflows.

Darryl
Old 11-21-2012, 07:20 AM

Thank you .
That just spiralled out price control if I need a summing box .
Maybe AVID could read this thread and get a few useful idea,s .
I think that solution would be amazing if the session could send receive audio the way I was hoping they could .