Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-22-2011, 01:17 PM

Default omni output question

Hello,

I was wondering if I could run the digital outputs thru the monitor control section and also mirror the output to the analog outputs WITHOUT the monitor control section padding the analog output? I want to send to my Dorrough meters via analog and send to my jbl4328p 5.1 via digital. I obviously cant pad the inputs to the meters.

Thanks.
Old 10-24-2011, 02:07 PM

Default Re: omni output question

Bumps.
Old 10-26-2011, 12:06 AM

I think you can. In the monitoring tab in I/O Setup, you assign the main CR to Digital, but leave one of the analog stereo pairs out (Say 7-8). You will likely have to do it in the bussing; your stereo bus needs to be a bus that feeds two auxes: One to go to the monitor out (digital) and the other aux to go to the analog output you assign it in the aux's output. See what I'm saying? One stereo bus feeds two auxes, with different output routings.
Old 10-26-2011, 01:25 AM

thanks for the reply.

Im running multichannel meters and speakers so I would need to set the monitors up as the digital outputs 5.1 and double bus (already doing this as I have it now) to the analog outs and the analog outs will not be padded by the level set on the omni?

i know the omni can only have 8 outputs but can mirror the outputs if needed. The question (again just to make it clear) is will that second set of outputs be padded via the volume knob on the omni.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:32 AM

Are you sure the Omni does any kind of mirroring? I don't have the unit, but I've gotten to mess with it and read the manual and I don't find that capability.
Old 10-26-2011, 07:59 AM

I only just got mine days ago so I'm not positive. I know you can mirror stereo out the TRS, not sure about digital double-bussing.
Old 10-26-2011, 02:46 PM

I've read that it will mirror the outputs however maybe its only a stereo pair? Digitech? Can you clear this up please?