Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Mixing > Artist Series

Old 12-05-2012, 03:42 PM

Default Tips for moving custom user sets/soft keys to a new computer?

I've spent a ton of time searching for the answer for this, and while it seems straightforward, I've gotta be missing something because I can't get it to work.

For the last year I've been using an MC Control (v1) on a Mac Pro running 10.6.8 - firmware v1.3.4 and EuControl v2.6.2. I've got a ton of soft keys set up and everything's awesome.

I just recently purchased a new MacBook Pro (running 10.7.5) and want to start using that with my Control. BUT even after following these instructions from the FAQ to move my custom user set, my Control is still trying to use the default user set - I experimented and renamed the default set, but that didn't help. Everything else works fine - but I'd love to be able to skip having to reprogram all my softkeys on this new machine.

Am I missing something here?
Old 04-04-2013, 02:37 PM

Default Re: Tips for moving custom user sets/soft keys to a new computer?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsquid View Post
I've spent a ton of time searching for the answer for this, and while it seems straightforward, I've gotta be missing something because I can't get it to work.

For the last year I've been using an MC Control (v1) on a Mac Pro running 10.6.8 - firmware v1.3.4 and EuControl v2.6.2. I've got a ton of soft keys set up and everything's awesome.

I just recently purchased a new MacBook Pro (running 10.7.5) and want to start using that with my Control. BUT even after following these instructions from the FAQ to move my custom user set, my Control is still trying to use the default user set - I experimented and renamed the default set, but that didn't help. Everything else works fine - but I'd love to be able to skip having to reprogram all my softkeys on this new machine.

Am I missing something here?
Hello - I found your post when I was looking for a way to move my user soft key set up to another drive on my mac. It worked for me - I just replaced the folder

/Library/Application Support/Euphonix/UserSets

and relaunched Econ and my soft keys were there.
Thanks for pointing me to the FAQs.
Cheers
Douglas

Mac 1 System
CubasePro 11, Pro Tools 2021.7
MacPro 3.5Ghz Six Core Intel Xeon, 64Gb ram,
OSX 10.15.17
Avid Duet, 3 x Avid S1, ProTools Dock, Ableton 10, Reason was 12, NI Komplete 12, NI Komplete Kontrol S61 and S88 Mk2

Mac 2 System
ProTools 2019
MacPro 3.5Ghz Six Core Intel Xeon, 16Gb ram,
OSX 10.13.3
Digi 003 rack
Slate Raven MTi2, Avid MC Transport