Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Getting Started

Old 06-03-2014, 10:50 PM

Default M-Track Plus Not in the I/O

I have an M-Track Plus as my audio interface (with ASIO4ALL driver). Even though it is installed and connected via USB to my PC correctly (my sound application in Windows recognizes it) it will not show up in the I/O. When I go to setup ---> hardware, my M-Track is has yellow icons next to it. When I hover over the icons it says, "status: beyond logic". I'm not sure what to do about this because I'm a complete beginner with recording software. I know nothing . Please help! Thank you!
Old 06-04-2014, 11:46 AM

Default Re: M-Track Plus Not in the I/O

Select ASIO4ALL V2 under Setup> Playback Engine

Why are you using asio4all, anyway? You'll probably have better performance and compatibility if you download the official M-Track Plus drivers here
Old 06-04-2014, 10:28 PM

Thank you for that suggestion. I had the ASIO4ALL on there because my M-Track Plus installation instruction suggested it to reduce latency. I went ahead and uninstalled the ASIO4ALL and uninstalled, then re-installed the driver for my M-Track (there wasn't a driver for Windows 8.1, so I used the Windows 8 version). Now I'm running into another problem though. When I start up Pro Tools, it tells me that "the ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another device." When I go to the next screen, it says "playback engine" on the top, with M-Track Quad ASIO Driver below it. I click 'ok', but then it tells me the exact same thing, "the ASIO audio device could not be initialized. Please choose another device." I'm stuck. Any other suggestions?
Old 06-04-2014, 10:39 PM

Did you restart the computer after re-installing the driver?
Old 06-04-2014, 11:09 PM

OK my friend. I restarted the computer. But the weirdness just keeps on coming: if I have my Amplitube 3 software open, Pro Tools will give me that same message that I told you in my last post. It tells me that the ASIO device cannot be initiated...blah, blah, blah. If I close Amplitube, then Pro Tools WILL initiate and I can open a session. The problem is that it still will not let me select the M-Track for the I/O. When I go to the individual track I/O, all it offers me is an "HD Microphone 1-2". The M-Track is not listed as a selection. When I go to setup---hardware, it shows the M-Track in the "Peripherals". When I click on it, the M-Audio device settings pop up showing the sample rate and buffer size. If I go to setup---playback engine, it shows M-Track in there. So I'm more confused then ever now. Should I just uninstall and reinstall Pro Tools, or am I asking for more trouble by doing that? Thanks for your assistance!
Old 06-05-2014, 01:16 AM

That's strange. You should be able to select M-track under playback engine (it might ask you to quit and re-open pro tools) and then you should be good.

Check which device you have set as your Windows default sound device. (control panel> sound> playback devices> right click your HD audio card and choose "set as default") and then see if Pro Tools can access the M-Track
Old 06-05-2014, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 7headed View Post
If I go to setup---playback engine, it shows M-Track in there.
With the M-track selected as playback engine go into Pro Tools>Setup>I/O Setup>Input Tab and click 'Default'. Do same on Output Tab.

Motherboard: Gigabyte Z690 AERO D
CPU: Intel Alder Lake Core i9-12900K
CPU Cooler: Noctua NH-D15S
RAM: Corsair Vengeance DDR5 64GB (2x 32gb 5200MHz)
Drives: 2 x Samsung 980 Pro 2TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (Record & Samples)
1 x Samsung 980 Pro 1TB NVME PCIE 4.0 M.2 SSD (OS Win 11 Pro)

GPU:Gigabyte GeForce RTX 3060 12GB GDDR6 PCIE 4
PSU: Corsair HX Series HX850 Platinim
CASE: Fractal Define XL R2
PT 11HD (v11.3.2) Omni s/pdif <> AxeFxIII
HD 96I/O

Last edited by zedhed; 06-07-2014 at 07:37 PM.