Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2020

Old 10-22-2020, 08:39 PM

Default HELP! Pro Tools and Komplete Kontrol

Hi all, I'm in need of some help. I'm a midi noob and made about 40 beats on Pro Tools that I need to recover. My issue is I was using Pro Tools 12 and Komplete Kontrol to make beats. I didn't realize you had to render the MIDI to save the audio properly. I've upgraded my Pro Tools and computer and now can't open any of the songs. I'm looking for any solutions or I'm willing to pay someone for each song that can be recovered if you have Pro Tools and Komplete Kontrol. Please help.
Old 10-23-2020, 05:05 AM

Default Re: HELP! Pro Tools and Komplete Kontrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvSpek View Post
Hi all, I'm in need of some help. I'm a midi noob and made about 40 beats on Pro Tools that I need to recover. My issue is I was using Pro Tools 12 and Komplete Kontrol to make beats. I didn't realize you had to render the MIDI to save the audio properly. I've upgraded my Pro Tools and computer and now can't open any of the songs. I'm looking for any solutions or I'm willing to pay someone for each song that can be recovered if you have Pro Tools and Komplete Kontrol. Please help.
Do you still have the MIDI? The beauty of MIDI is that once you have it recorded you can come back at another time and feed it to any vi you want to use.

Please describe exactly what you mean when you say that you can't open any of the songs. In PT you can either go old-school and have separate tracks for the MIDI and vi. Or you can have them both on what's called an instrument track.

Also when asking questions here there's no such thing as TMI - too much information - that can be given. Things like: exact PT version, operating system used, etc. You can either put that info on your forum profile page. in a sig file that gets attached to your posts or even directly in said post. I just looked at your profile page and it's wildly inaccurate as to system info - you should fix that. For instance there's no way you're running PT10 on an iMac Pro. PT 10 & whatever OSX is on there are NOT compatible.

QAPLA!
Old 10-23-2020, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarvSpek View Post
Is the problem that you would need to update to the latest Komplete? Or is the problem the fact that a newer Komplete Kontrol won't open old Komplete Kontrols plugins?
160 GB RAM
macOS 11.7.4
Noisebox Studios -Utah Recording Studio
Old 10-24-2020, 09:04 AM

I have Komplete 11 running on 2020.5. I have sessions this weekend but I should be able to help on Monday. I’ll send you my email address via PM.