Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-30-2003, 04:23 PM

Default Sound-Replacer and HD ????

Sound-Replacer and HD ?

I can't get it to work at all.

I have version 1.3.1 All of my other Digi plugins are 5.3.1.

My version DOES show up in an HD session, and seems to run, but it doesn't actually put audio on the source track. I can't find anything in the compatabiity docs, nor under upgrades. nor in the product descriptions (only a demo for PT Mix.)

Any ideas? Where / how does one get an HD version? IS there an HD version?
Old 01-30-2003, 04:35 PM
Administrator

Default Re: Sound-Replacer and HD ????

PT HD Mac plug-in updates are here:

http://www.digidesign.com/download/plugs/hdmac.html

It looks like 1.3.1L is the most current iLok authorized version available, and 1.3 for floppy auth.
Old 01-30-2003, 05:16 PM
Avid

Speer,

Make sure the “Use In Playlist” button is enabled in the AudioSuite Plug-in window before processing.

Regards,
Mike
Old 01-30-2003, 06:40 PM

"My version DOES show up in an HD session".
Lucky you, my free version never arrived for upgrading to HD before end June 02'. From what I've read, it's not worth waiting for anyway, too many timing problems.

DW
Old 01-30-2003, 07:57 PM

"Make sure the “Use In Playlist” button is enabled in the AudioSuite Plug-in window before processing.
Regards, Mike "

-Yep. that was it. Thanks, Mike. The manual and pdf imply that this should only be selected if you want sections copied elsewhere in the session to also be replaced. Very badly written, IMO.

Beech: I have read the several threads regarding timing problems and mis-triggers with S-R. I have not experienced these problems at all. -But I usually don't use peak-align. That definitely causes more problems than it solves.

another potential problem is that MANY "sampler"-samples are not as carefully edited as you might think. I love the ross Garfiled stuff, but I was shocked to find that many of the kicks and snares have as much as 3 ms of blank space before the beginning of the wave.

Also, on my system S-R tends to put the WHOLE new file about 2-3 ms behind the original. However, once I align the first drum, they are all aligned. Exactly.

It would be great, though, if S-R could also adjust the volume of an individual sample, relative to the volume of the original track. That would give a LOT more realism, and would make accurate replacement-volume possible by simply normalizing all samples to the same volume.

A fourth sample-delineation would also be a good thing.

-But overall I am quite happy with S-R. now Beat-detective is another story. No wonder Digi gave that one away for free. What a mess....
Old 01-30-2003, 09:42 PM

Sound Replacer is awesome. A MUST have. Anyone who says differently doesn't know how to use the software. End of story.

J