Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Live Sound > VENUE Live Sound Systems
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-28-2012, 08:52 AM

Default Standalone Software in WINE (OSX)

I've been hacking around with WINE on OSX to a reasonable level of success. My goal is to be able to run the VENUE Standalone software on OSX without needing to use Parallels, Virtual Box, Boot Camp, et cetera. I can get the installer to run correctly in WINE but that's as far as I've made it. When I run the Standalone software I get the "VENUE" splash screen and then it bails. It appears the Standalone software has some Windows OS dependencies that I can't quite work out (beyond the C++ redistributable that it installs).

Can anyone at AVID (or the community at large) clue me in as to what packages and dependencies the Standalone software has to the native Windows OS? Many of these are available as free downloads from MSDN. If I can get all the right files together it's entirely possible that the VENUE Standalone software will run under OSX without the necessity of a guest OS and an emulator.

Thoughts, suggestions, hints? All input is welcome!

-Robert
Old 04-17-2012, 01:04 PM

Default Re: Standalone Software in WINE (OSX)

It's not about missing dependencies. VENUE Software doesn't work under Wine because of a number of Wine bugs.
Old 05-06-2014, 01:00 PM

Well here's a question: Which .exe file should you run to launch the venue software? there are several. i've gotten the digio offline software running under wine, but they only have one simple .exe file to launch.
i've added the .dll files in the d-show folder to the libraries override tab, but this also hasn't worked.
Old 05-06-2014, 02:19 PM
Avid

Well, VENUE Standalone Software starting from 4.1 is now working better than 3.0. It works fine on Linux, but has issues with Filing page on Mac (Wine bug). Keep in mind it's still not supported by Avid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefpitas View Post
Well here's a question: Which .exe file should you run to launch the venue software?
ShellApp.exe, but the best way is to "install" VENUE via its installer and use created shortcut to launch VENUE. Haven't tried that much, but AFAIR I was able to succeed with CrossOver (www.codeweavers.com/windows-on-mac).

Last edited by Valentyn; 05-07-2014 at 03:00 AM.