Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > Licensing & Accounts

Old 05-10-2018, 11:21 AM

Default Re: MachineControl and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle for Pro Tools Ultimate

My Avid.com account still lists my plan as "Pro Tools | HD Annual Upgrade and Support Plan" as well. I renewed November 2017. My iLok asset did change to "Pro Tools Ultimate Perpetual Bundle" though.
Old 05-15-2018, 08:35 PM

Default Re: MachineControl and Avid Complete Plugin Bundle for Pro Tools Ultimate

My iLok asset arrived today and I've downloaded the bundle and installed. All good, but no HEAT ?? Where is that supposed to be?
AVID Collab user - mattrixx

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-15-2018, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattrixx View Post
My iLok asset arrived today and I've downloaded the bundle and installed...
Looks like my accounts have been updated also. Will download and install tomorrow.
Custom i9-12900K, 64GB RAM, W10 Pro, PT Ultimate 2024.03, HD Native, OMNI, Digi 192, UAD-2 Octo; Mac Pro 12-core 3.46, 64GB RAM, Mojave, Logic Pro 10.5.1, Apogee Rosetta 800, UAD-2 Quad, MOTU 2408 Mk II: MBP mid-2012, 16GB RAM, Mojave, MOTU 8-Pre-ES, Pro Tools 2021.7
Old 05-15-2018, 08:51 PM

Let's know if HEAT was in your iLok account too ??

MacStudio Ultra / LogicProX / IzotopeRX10+ / SourceConnect / MelodyneStudio5 / WAVES Mercury / NI KompleteUltimate / ProToolsUltimate / RME UFX, UFXII, Babyface / AVID S3 + DOCK / Barefoot MM27 gen2 / Barefoot FP01
Old 05-15-2018, 09:56 PM

Why do you think you are getting Heat? (You aren’t — it’s not part of the bundle)
Old 05-15-2018, 10:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BScout View Post
Why do you think you are getting Heat? (You aren’t — it’s not part of the bundle)
It's included in the comparison list..

http://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison

This is why!!

Old 05-15-2018, 11:06 PM

Quote:
It's included in the comparison list..

http://www.avid.com/pro-tools/comparison

This is why!!
That's for the Network Site License (look to the left)
The current giveaway for Complete Plugin Bundle is a "gift" from Avid (a time limited gift); has nothing to do with that page which is referencing the Network Site Licenses which aren't out yet.
Old 05-15-2018, 11:08 PM

Mmm, that's a little misleading. As we get everything else in that list.

Old 05-16-2018, 06:33 PM

Yay! My Avid now shows Pro Tools Ultimate ...

Additional Value Content was cleaned up to look like this ...

Attached Images
File Type: jpg pt-ultimate.jpg (12.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg value_shrunk.jpg (16.7 KB, 0 views)

Marcel Risberg
Production sound and audio post - ljuddesign.se
Enthusiastically sharing knowledge and experience at Stockholm Film School.

🛠 Pro Tools Ultimate 2019.10 · HD Native · HD Omni
🎚 EuControl x.x.x · Artist Control · Mix · Control App
🦑 MacPro5,1 · 12C24T @3.46GHz · 48GB · SSDs · macOS 10.13.6 (17G5019)
📺 Separate video playback machine
🥇 Covered by ZDT/TLC · Keeping DAW OS clutter free
Old 05-16-2018, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Mmm, that's a little misleading. As we get everything else in that list.
Digilink I/O license is still a separate entity -- only get it with Avid interface purchase or grandfathered-in system. Otherwise you have to purchase (for instance, buying HDX cards and using with Symphony interfaces) separately.
Network license (in essence site-wide licenses) won't have to.

It was dumb of Avid to post that graphic when then don't even have Network licenses available. And for 99% of the people out there, network licenses are meaningless (unless you are running something like a post-production facility or educational institute.) But just a reminder: the Complete Bundle is time-limited gift; next year they don't have to hand out a renewal and people who became Avid Pro Tools subscribers after they announced it are not getting them. It's supposed to be a "thank you."

If people aren't getting that, prepare to be "mislead" again next year.

And just checked my account... not even giving a full year of Complete Plugin Bundle; just until your next 1-year upgrade subscription completes; for those of us with 3 years of subscription, for instance, this license ends in 6 months from the deposit date when the next upgrade subscription year starts and I got 3 of them that all expire on the same date.
Hilariously I also have 3 more (total 6 licenses) licenses for the Complete Plugin Bundle but those expire when my current multiple renewals end because of a gift Avid were giving out at the end of last year if you renewed. Avid really haven't figured out this system.

Last edited by BScout; 05-16-2018 at 07:36 PM.