Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)

Old 06-17-2006, 09:23 AM

Default In Favor of Bringing Back the Old Digi Website

After reading the post "cooooool" I would like to see Digi bring back the old Digidesign site. I know digi must have it backed up somewhere! I find the menus on the new site difficult to navigate at best. Give us back the drop-down menus please!

Steve Crowley
Pioneer, CA
Old 06-17-2006, 09:34 AM

Default Re: In Favor of Bringing Back the old Digi Website

I'd be in favour of a return to the original site mainly so that old Google, Answerbase and DUC links would still work. Digi are losing a lot of free links to their site due to Google searches no longer finding their correct links to Digi articles, etc.

Rail
••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
Old 06-17-2006, 09:46 AM

Default Re: In Favor of Bringing Back the old Digi Website

Yes please, I am currently reviewing TL Drum Rehab for an international Pro Audio mag and it's a right PITA trying to research anything Digi related.
PT2023.12 - Mac Studio M1 Max 64GB RAM - macOS 13.6.3 - UAD-2 Satellite Octo/Apollo 8tb Duo/Apollo 16ii/Prism Lyra 2 - Euphonix Artist Control - All the plugins(!) Waves/PA/Slate/SSL/McDSP/UAD/Kush/SoundToys/Eventide/Softube/NI/PSP/Sonible/BABY/Fabfilter/Sonnox etc.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:15 AM

Default Re: In Favor of Bringing Back the Old Digi Website

I agree, the new design is fashionable yet not functional. Another step toward vapididty along the trail designed by marketing teams instead of users.

Damien
smokeandmirrors productions
Old 06-17-2006, 11:21 AM

Hello,
I've been watching the "coooool" thread also and trying not to jump on the "hate it" band wagon..... but the new site really doesn't funtion in a professional manner. Looks very TEEN also.
Mark me down for the old site or something similar.
BT
MacPro 8 core
www.btruitt.com
Old 06-17-2006, 11:57 AM

As the starter of the COOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL! thread I have since realized just how dependent I am on the Digi web site. I am now in AS Reverse Preview mode. At least give us an option for the html version.
I appreciate all the hi-rez shots and graphics and the endless hours the web team worked on trying to satisfy all the account executives but we need to be able to access support resources from any browser at any time.
I didn't realize how wonderful it used to be.
Old 06-17-2006, 11:59 AM

The option of an html version for sure.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:33 PM

Quote:
I agree, the new design is fashionable yet not functional. Another step toward vapididty along the trail designed by marketing teams instead of users.

Damien
smokeandmirrors productions
Agree. Like the old one better. Much more useable the old way me thinks.
Old 06-17-2006, 12:54 PM

I am not the police, but I don't think this thread will last much longer. Petitions are banned according to the DUC terms of use. I think somone from Digidesign said in some website post that the new site makes the job of maintaining it in 12 languages easier. Perhaps Digidesign has lost the focus on which group of people the website should be easier for. It should be easier for the users, not the developers. Developers get paid to develop products that user's can use. Developer's don't get paid to develop products that make user's angry, unless of course they want to lose those users. There are enough posts on the DUC about the new website design that are not positive to show that the user's are not happy.

Here is my experience with the new website. We recently have forsaken MIX for HD|2 Accel. In a cruel twist of fate, the preinstallation our dealer did had to be redone by me (my theory is Apple's Migration Assistant did the damage). I had to d/l the plug-ins for this process. So I go to digidesign.com to start this ordeal.

Mistake #1 - There is no link in the main support section to downloads.

I have to hover over Product, then click Pro Tools|HD. then click Compatible Plug-Ins. I specify my search criteria, and click Show. Once I click on the link for a particular plug-in, the only way to find the next plug-in is to go through this process again. Lame!

When I do d/l a plug-in, the progress window does not pop-up to the front, nor does the main frame update to indicate that the d/l is in progress. Confusing!

I have nothing further to type about this. I doubt I am the only one with this feedback on the site.
Old 06-17-2006, 01:51 PM

Quote:
I am not the police, but I don't think this thread will last much longer. Petitions are banned according to the DUC terms of use. I think somone from Digidesign said in some website post that the new site makes the job of maintaining it in 12 languages easier. Perhaps Digidesign has lost the focus on which group of people the website should be easier for. It should be easier for the users, not the developers. Developers get paid to develop products that user's can use. Developer's don't get paid to develop products that make user's angry, unless of course they want to lose those users. There are enough posts on the DUC about the new website design that are not positive to show that the user's are not happy.

Here is my experience with the new website. We recently have forsaken MIX for HD|2 Accel. In a cruel twist of fate, the preinstallation our dealer did had to be redone by me (my theory is Apple's Migration Assistant did the damage). I had to d/l the plug-ins for this process. So I go to digidesign.com to start this ordeal.

Mistake #1 - There is no link in the main support section to downloads.

I have to hover over Product, then click Pro Tools|HD. then click Compatible Plug-Ins. I specify my search criteria, and click Show. Once I click on the link for a particular plug-in, the only way to find the next plug-in is to go through this process again. Lame!

When I do d/l a plug-in, the progress window does not pop-up to the front, nor does the main frame update to indicate that the d/l is in progress. Confusing!

I have nothing further to type about this. I doubt I am the only one with this feedback on the site.
Even if this thread gets deleted or locked I hope Digidesign will carefully consider our view on the matter.