Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Software > macOS

Old 04-16-2014, 10:00 PM

Default Plugins showing up in AudioSuite but not insert menus??

Hello, I have a few plugins that show up under Audiosuite but not on the channel inserts. For example, in my insert I can see Antares and about five of the AVOX plugins but in the Audiosuite I see about eight or ten.

Anybody got any ideas?

I am using Pro Tools 10 with a DIGI 002 on Mac OS 10.8.5

Thanks!
Old 04-17-2014, 07:57 AM

Default Re: Plugins showing up in AudioSuite but not insert menus??

Two things come to mind:
- some plugins are audiosuite only, no RTAS.
- some plugins will show up on a stereo track only in the "dual mono" dropdown menu.
Old 04-17-2014, 09:10 AM

Thanks for your reply Ben. I'm aware of what you said but the particular plugins I am having this problem with (avox warmer and SPL Twintube for example) should work as RTAS on either mono or stereo and I was able to insert them in Pro Tools 8. I have double checked that the plugins are in the correct folder and I have reinstalled them but they just won't show on the insert menu!
Old 01-07-2018, 07:10 PM

I am having this exact problem in Pro tools 12 (OSX 10.12.6). I am seeing the plugins in Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Avid -> Audio -> Plug-ins and also in the dropdown menu of AudioSuite. But Inserts shows none of them, regardless of whether the track is mono or stereo.

Anyone know what I could be missing?
Old 01-07-2018, 07:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecayko View Post
I am having this exact problem in Pro tools 12 (OSX 10.12.6). I am seeing the plugins in Macintosh HD -> Library -> Application Support -> Avid -> Audio -> Plug-ins and also in the dropdown menu of AudioSuite. But Inserts shows none of them, regardless of whether the track is mono or stereo.

Anyone know what I could be missing?
What exact Pro Tools 12 version? Is that a supported version on this macOS release?

You got blank insert entries in the pulldown menu?

When did it work if at all? What did you change?

Try trashing prefs and restart Pro Tools. Do you see the plugins being rescanned and loaded at startup?
Old 01-16-2018, 04:28 PM

I am having the same problem! Did you figure out how to fix it?

I just got the soft tube plug in and they worked fine a few weeks ago. However I just downloaded auto tune and it shows in my plugs through my Mac folders but it does show up inside of PT not even in my audio suite.
Old 01-17-2018, 05:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by writer1984 View Post
I am having the same problem! Did you figure out how to fix it?

I just got the soft tube plug in and they worked fine a few weeks ago. However I just downloaded auto tune and it shows in my plugs through my Mac folders but it does show up inside of PT not even in my audio suite.
Hard to help when you give us ZERO system info. There's a reason that there is a 'help us to help you' link at the top of every page here. Without further info no one can help. There's a lot of good people here but we're not mind readers or remote viewers.

QAPLA!
Old 02-06-2018, 09:35 PM

I have a similar problem. Here is my system info:
Macbook Pro 2013, 16g ram, 2.6 i7, OSX 10.9.5
Hardware interfaces are 002, Antelope Orion, UA apollo twin Solo
Using pro tools 11.0.3. (just removed 10.3.8 which has been co-installed)
I have 3 external usb drives hooked up, one is for time machine. Please let me know if you need more information.

My problem is- I was using pro tools 11 and mixed a project that Maxed out my processor for quite a while. Got quite a few Dae errors for hw buffer size... After i finished this project it seemed that my machine just isn't delivering the same power that it did before. It would give me dae erors with 3 instances of something like xpand2 or mini grand running(running at 128 playback buffer). which it never did before or even came close to.
So I tried using pro tools 10, which i had not opened before now on this machine. It operated the same way, very weak lots of wimp out dae errors. So I went back to 11 because I don't have all the same plugins that I need in 10. When I open 11 now, the only plugins that show up for inserts are the ones that came in pro tools. And only one instrument shows up, which is reason, which is odd because none of the Air instruments like mini grand or xpand2 show up.

Deleted all prefrences for both installs multiple times, deleted both installs of pro tools, reinstalled only pro tools 11.0.3, still same results. All of my installed plug-ins show up in the Avid/audio/plug-ins folder. No change with switching between interfaces. not sure what the problem is...

One other thing, in the activity monitor with a blank session open, the pro tools cpu level when nothing is playing and no plugins are inserted, the cpu load goes no lower than 20% and sometimes elevates to 60%. All with no audio tracks in the session and nothing doing anything at all. Is there some info or report I could give to help more? Also just noticed I have the Kernel_task problem now which is just sitting steady at 50% or so...

Thanks,
Nate
Old 02-18-2018, 05:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nateforpresident View Post
I have a similar problem. Here is my system info:
Macbook Pro 2013, 16g ram, 2.6 i7, OSX 10.9.5
Hardware interfaces are 002, Antelope Orion, UA apollo twin Solo
Using pro tools 11.0.3. (just removed 10.3.8 which has been co-installed)
I have 3 external usb drives hooked up, one is for time machine. Please let me know if you need more information.

My problem is- I was using pro tools 11 and mixed a project that Maxed out my processor for quite a while. Got quite a few Dae errors for hw buffer size... After i finished this project it seemed that my machine just isn't delivering the same power that it did before. It would give me dae erors with 3 instances of something like xpand2 or mini grand running(running at 128 playback buffer). which it never did before or even came close to.
So I tried using pro tools 10, which i had not opened before now on this machine. It operated the same way, very weak lots of wimp out dae errors. So I went back to 11 because I don't have all the same plugins that I need in 10. When I open 11 now, the only plugins that show up for inserts are the ones that came in pro tools. And only one instrument shows up, which is reason, which is odd because none of the Air instruments like mini grand or xpand2 show up.

Deleted all prefrences for both installs multiple times, deleted both installs of pro tools, reinstalled only pro tools 11.0.3, still same results. All of my installed plug-ins show up in the Avid/audio/plug-ins folder. No change with switching between interfaces. not sure what the problem is...

One other thing, in the activity monitor with a blank session open, the pro tools cpu level when nothing is playing and no plugins are inserted, the cpu load goes no lower than 20% and sometimes elevates to 60%. All with no audio tracks in the session and nothing doing anything at all. Is there some info or report I could give to help more? Also just noticed I have the Kernel_task problem now which is just sitting steady at 50% or so...

Thanks,
Nate
Are you using all three interfaces at the same time? If so have you properly set up an aggregate device in OSX?

Have you optimized your computer for PT?

For OSX 10.9.5 you're going to need a minimum of PT11.3.0; 11.3.1 should be in your Avid user account - get it and install it.

Those USB drives - are they USB3 and what type of drive are they? SSD's or spinners and if spinners what speed? You want 7200 rpm or better.

QAPLA!