Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 10-25-2010, 08:11 AM
Avid

Default Re: I/O Setup gets jumbled up/corrupted

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXDigi View Post
Same problem here. I was going back and forth with tech support for a bit about 8.1cs1. It seems that busses are getting reassigned. I first thought it was random but I think it has to do with what the busses were originally named and how 8.1 auto names busses, especially with surround routing. My problem was specifically with busses named 'stereo'.

I had to manually reassign all busses going to my surround channels.

Avid eventually told me to stay on 8.0.4.
Would there be any way we can get sessions (minus audio) and specific info about how to reproduce what you're seeing?

You can send them to : vi [at] digidesign [dot] com. Please put the thread number in the subject of the email.

Thanks!
Old 10-25-2010, 09:52 AM

Can you acknowledge that you guys are aware of the default output setting not sticking when you close and re-open the session bug. Thanks.
Old 10-28-2010, 04:10 PM
Avid

Quote:
Originally Posted by WernerF View Post
Can you acknowledge that you guys are aware of the default output setting not sticking when you close and re-open the session bug. Thanks.
Absolutely - thanks to some VERY helpful emails with sessions and videos from a couple people on this thread, we can see exactly what's going on.

Obviously we've got this logged and will address it as soon as possible - when, I can't say for sure, as there's a lot going on at the moment here at Avid...
Old 12-11-2016, 12:41 PM

I'm on PT11 HD 11.2.2 and am experiencing the jumbled I/O problem. Seems to happen only when I switch sessions. Once I re-do the mappings it stays fixed as long as I continue to work on the same session each day.

What is the status from AVID on this problem? If it was fixed at PT12, is there some kind of workaround I can use to avoid the problem until I move to the higher release?