Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools M-Powered (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 09-10-2007, 01:09 PM

Default Real basic newbie question

Hello all,
I have searched this forum and maybe I'm not searching the right terms, but, here it is:

Say you have a 15 minute session with 4 songs that used 8 tracks, how do you take "1 song" out and make it it's own session, or can I delete the length of the session before and after, then save as? If so, HOW DO you delete 4 minutes of all 8 tracks to "shorten the session"? , the actual length and not just create silence?

In a nutshell, I'm looking for the easiest way to indepently mix 4 songs in a 15 minute session.

Any help is sincerely appreciated..

Thanks,

Jan in CT
Old 09-18-2007, 02:07 AM

Default Re: Real basic newbie question

I know what you mean; like removing the bars between the locators in Reason.

Couldn't find a way to do it in Cubase when I was using that, and haven't needed to use it in ProTools yet.

Would be interesting to see if there's a way that doesn't involve dragging all your regions forwards.