Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 03-03-2003, 05:35 PM

Default Re: HELP WANTED - Studio Engineer needed talented ears req\'d, great pay...

Don't tell anyone. I was never......hhhheeeerreee............
Old 03-03-2003, 05:54 PM

Default Re: HELP WANTED - Studio Engineer needed talented ears req\'d, great pay...

THIS IS JUST WRONG
WRONG
WRONG [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 08:27 PM

That was cruel, mean, and dwonright inhuman.
I liked it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img]
Old 03-03-2003, 08:59 PM

You silly wwwabbit, tricks are for kids. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]

Download free music at
http://www.nukmusic.com
nEVER uNDERESTIMATE kNOWLEDGE
Old 03-03-2003, 09:04 PM

it's really sad. anyone looking for a career in engineering better be lucky as hell or just forget it. the whole industry is really messed up. i'm optimistic personally, i just think things need to change. i just feel for the creative people out there who can't find work. advancements in technology have their downfalls (protools le, hotline, etc.).

-honesty

p.s. digidesign, please erase this thread. i find it very insensitive to the engineering community. thank you for erasing that equally offensive grammy/iraq war thread... whheewww what a relief.

-sarcasm
Old 03-03-2003, 09:43 PM

Thats really #@$#@#$ funny [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] I hope this is clean enough for the DUC [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

DJ
Old 03-03-2003, 10:08 PM

Im so upset [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2003, 11:35 AM

sorry i have upset so many people [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
i know that if someone would have posted this as well, I would have opened it too!!
I am like everyone else here... very hopeful... hopeful to a fault.
For those of you guys out there that have found your living in music and are doing pretty good... get on your knees and thank your maker that you have been blessed to be able to do what you love to to as a living. There are a lot of us out here that HATE our day jobs, and are not fulfilled and may never find our dreams come true.
The music industry is a sad one - but i chose it, or it chose me, sucked me in, and I loved it so much i forsake all for it... which is why i am in the job i am in.
Keep the faith folks... maybe we will all be so lucky one day. We got the skills, we just dont have the breaks.
In the mean time...I still thought this was funny!! [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] Sorry if I got anyones hopes up too high.. but if i did... YOU ARE A SUCKER!!!! HAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHA [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img]
Old 03-04-2003, 01:42 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by silence_of_stone:

For those of you guys out there that have found your living in music and are doing pretty good... get on your knees and thank your maker that you have been blessed to be able to do what you love to to as a living.

Every day... every day.

There are a lot of us out here that HATE our day jobs, and are not fulfilled and may never find our dreams come true.
The music industry is a sad one - but i chose it, or it chose me, sucked me in, and I loved it so much i forsake all for it... which is why i am in the job i am in.

The music industry isn't all fun and games, nor is it always any more enjoyable than your typical day job. The "romance" of the job sometimes doesn't match the realities. Do I love what I do? Sure. And it's a tremendous blessing to do what you love. But just like any other job, there's always good days and bad, good aspects of the work and not so enjoyable ones...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

PT 2023.6 Ultimate (Perpetual) | Avid Carbon | M1 Max Mac Studio; 32 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.

PT 2023.6 Studio (Perpetual) | M1 MacBook Air; 16 GB RAM / 1 TB SSD, macOS 13.4.1 Ventura.
Old 03-04-2003, 03:50 PM

Every now and then i hate i am "just a video-editor". They showed a tape to me that was recorded in a professional tv-studio with a complete crew and the works (probably a Studer console...) They recorded a performance by a band, and asked if i could hear what was wrong with the audio. Well...it was very simple. The mix was badddddd... to much limited (3db dynamics left) and the balance was all screwed up. Furthermore NO effects whatsovere where used, and the vocals really needed a little reverb or delay.

Simply a shame this still happens...

Bastiaan