Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Pro Tools HDX & HD Native Systems (Mac)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 02-23-2012, 10:05 AM

Default Where Is the Pro Tools/HDX thread? Please Help!

OK.... I'm getting ready to make the plunge to HDX. SO.... Where the hell is the user experience and Dialogue that makes the DUC so important. If there is a Listening moderator... Please start a whole threaded section for new HDX users to share everything! NOW! Please! Don't wait for more info. We need each other. Of course avid can tell us what to be aware of too. I've seen the third party AAX page..it needs to be a grid like in previous compatibility data grids with CPUs, Interfaces(that pass audio or not is fine. You can use an asterisk for not fully tested) and RTAS and AAX compatibility need to be a priority right now! We should be able to look at stickies from week to week seeing releases. On that note put the third party developers price for upgrade in the grid.... It will make them think twice about overcharging and will make people like Colin at McDSP look as good and kind as he is.
I'd like to see a chart with the new and old connectors available so we can prep our systems and figure the length and sex needed...
thanks
Dan
PS If we get this going we might be able to Lobby Waves and some other plugin companies to see us struggle and get their development teams in gear. Older companies who we use will lose customer base if can't use their plugins and we need to switch to cover our work.
NomadicWax.com
Old 02-26-2012, 11:43 PM

Default Re: Where Is the Pro Tools/HDX thread? Please Help!

Bump
Old 02-27-2012, 05:42 AM

I second this.

Pro Tools Ultimate 2021.10 - macOS Big Sur 11.6
10 Core iMac Pro
64GB RAM - Radeon Pro Vega 56 8176 MB
UA Apollo x8
Old 02-27-2012, 08:11 AM

I have yet to hear a good reason for this. Simply change the name of this forum to Pro Tools DSP systems. Done.

Who are the HDX users? Soon to be HDX users? TDM users of course. An entirely new forum is silly. TDM users want to see and learn what's going on in HDX land before we jump. What better way? Lump us all together. There's too many forums already. The REAL differentiating factor of the systems is whether or not they use DSP.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 02-27-2012, 10:55 AM

A while back they said they'd consider it.

I'm thinking before they do it a request has to be made, then reviewed by the engineering staff, then sent as a 'suggested upgrade' to finance, approved there and after a budget is worked out, presented to the board for approval to put on the voting ballet for the stock holders, then voted on and if approved funds will need to be allocated to management. Meetings will then be held to decide which employee is best suited to complete the task. The scheduling department then puts the date for the added topic on the calendar and the job is done.

:)
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:28 PM

I can tell you why Avid is not creating a separate forum. Because they don't want us to see how few people will be in it and thus revealing how poorly HDX is selling.
I hope I am wrong, I want there to be high numbers so plugin developers will port to AAX DSP and I can purchase one. I'm staying on TDM3 until they do.
Old 02-27-2012, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostwriter View Post
I can tell you why Avid is not creating a separate forum. Because they don't want us to see how few people will be in it and thus revealing how poorly HDX is selling.
You know. I believe you're right. However by NOT having a HDX forum, it screams of failure. Imagine going to apple and not finding a iPhone 4s or iPad 2 forum. You'd think they were crazy.
http://www.fishertheband.com
Mac Pro (Late 2013) 3.5 GHz 6-core Intel Xeon E5 - 32 GB Ram / 1TB Flash Storage - Avid HD I/O - Latest Mac OS - HDX3 - Latest PT Version.
Old 02-27-2012, 05:00 PM

I really hope it is doing well, it would be nice to be able to get the plugins ported by all manufacturers to AAX DSP.
I just don't see the number of users on HDX that I would have expected.
Old 02-28-2012, 06:10 AM

Actually, I don't think that's true. A studio here in Nashville had one backordered for 6 weeks, and dealers I've talked to say they can't keep them in stock.
Old 02-28-2012, 09:47 AM

There was a discussion here, and the majority seemed to be in favor. Anyone opposed to merging this thread into that one?