Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 2019
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 04-05-2019, 01:38 AM

Default Re: Pro Tools 2019 !

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
Of course you know that isn't true. It's just a matter of which bugs to squash first, and there you have your first/standard/ultimate/elite support scheme.

No I'm not defending Avid, I'm so oldskool I hate subscription models, but that much I know the more you pay for your support the higher in hierarchy your bug reports are. Therefore a bug that seems trivial for "vanilla" customers and is a showstopper for S6 owners naturally would be fixed first.
The sad truth is. AVID is bankrupt. They are stock notated. It is no problem to google their financial situation. They did not earn any money for the last years. The financial result (don't know the correct english term for "Ergebnis nach Steuern") hast been negative for quite some time now. If they don't get their stuff together and don't get more people into buying subscriptions for PT ans MC they won't exist for long anymore. And to get people into buying their stuff it does not help to have some half working not up to date products that lack support and updates.
Video Slave 4.3.477

Last edited by Basstian; 04-05-2019 at 03:39 AM.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JFreak View Post
FWIW, I didn't delete any posts on that thread -- DTS deleted the part where rumours were discussed (forum rules).
My comment had nothing to do with rumors. The post didn’t even mention anything about a rumor. All I said was “ I will stick with my previous prediction (guess) that we will not see a PT 2019.3 but maybe a 2019.4 Pro Tools. What was the harm in that? It was all in the fun of the expectation of the 2019 Pro Tool release. This is something we do around here from time to time with the excitement (or the lack of faith that Avid will deliver) of a new release. As it goes I was right. I think you read something else into my post maybe because you heard some rumors. It was just harmless fun. I think it was your comment to my thread that may have lead it to be perceived that way. I mean no disrespect but enough of the defensive knee jerk reactions man!
Old 04-05-2019, 02:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstian View Post
The sad trues is. AVID is bankrupt. They are stock notated. It is no problem to google their financial situation. They did not earn any money for the last years. The financial result (don't know the correct english term for "Ergebnis nach Steuern") hast been negative for quite some time now. If they don't get their stuff together and don't get more people into buying subscriptions for PT ans MC they won't exist for long anymore. And to get people into buying their stuff it does not help to have some half working not up to date products that lack support and updates.
They desperately need to bring in someone like JC (@Gibson) to take over and revitalize the company!
Old 04-05-2019, 02:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Basstian View Post
The sad trues is. AVID is bankrupt. They are stock notated. It is no problem to google their financial situation. They did not earn any money for the last years. The financial result (don't know the correct english term for "Ergebnis nach Steuern") hast been negative for quite some time now. If they don't get their stuff together and don't get more people into buying subscriptions for PT ans MC they won't exist for long anymore. And to get people into buying their stuff it does not help to have some half working not up to date products that lack support and updates.
NO, the truth is: MC and PT are standard products in TV, film and streaming. There is a huge ecosystem of editors, 3rd party software engineers and creatives who know how to use it and who are compatible to the file formats. Even if AVID would run out of money, there would be people interested in selling the products or something with the same GUI to the market as long as it exists.

So unless something radically better comes along or the market implodes AVID or whoever holds MC and PT is good. The release date of a new version does not matter at all...
Old 04-05-2019, 02:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonkalman View Post
But how many big guns are left in the industry maybe a couple hundred and decreasing by the day? With music being relegated to almost free, where is the future for professional studios? The crap on the radio could be produced on an iPad if you ask me. I don't suggest PTs abandon the big guns, but their key market is with home recording artists that can't afford going to a professional studio because they don't make any money off their music.

Post Production are the big guns. Both in budgets and output. The home studio market really doesn't come close to entering that equation.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by YYR123 View Post
I don’t know how people do what they do without HDX. The simple fact of Final overdubs at the end of a mix is a God Send - a literal God Send

If they dump PCIe I would stay behind indefinitely- man I used my Pro Control for years after 11 came out. But yes I like my icon more
I love my HDX rig, but it is hardly the sole platform that allows overdubs at the end of a mix. Any decent audio interface with hardware monitoring will allow you to do it in 2019. If anything, it is a bit of a step back in that regard compared to old TDM systems.
Pro Tools Ultimate 2024.3. OSX 13.6.5. Win 10. HD Native. Lynx AES16e. Lynx Aurora 16. i9-13900KF. ASRock Z690 Steel Legend. 64GB Ram. AMD Vega 64. BM Decklink. Dolby Atmos Renderer 5.2. Trinnov D-Mon. D-Command.
Old 04-05-2019, 02:53 AM

And I love the HDX system in the studio at work. It's got 48 i/o and I regularly record ensembles with 20+ lines coming up from the floor, 4 or 5 stereo foldback mixes, talkback, reverse talkback etc. all managed inside the session, loads of plug-ins running while recording - and no worries about latency or running out of steam.

But I could probably do the same thing on my native system with the Quantum 4848 if I was really careful about the plugins I used, and still get acceptable latency. And as far as editing and mixing goes, there's nothing the HDX system at work can do that I can't do on my own system (that I need to do, anyway). So I would never become an HDX customer as things stand. I almost wish that wasn't true - so I could aspire to filling 6U of my rack with shiny Avid interfaces...
Apple Mac Pro 6,1 late 2013 2.7Ghz 12-Core Xeon E5, 64GB RAM, D500 Graphics, OSX Monterey 12.7.1/Pro Tools Ultimate 2023.12/Presonus Quantum 4848 Thunderbolt 2/Digidesign C|24/Focusrite ISA430 MkII/SPL GoldMike
Old 04-05-2019, 03:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by @tention View Post
NO, the truth is: MC and PT are standard products in TV, film and streaming.
I did not challenge that. But that does not change the fact, that AVID is running out of money. And the bad support and slow bug fixing is an indicator for having too little manpower to cope the tasks at hand. We need PT and we are willing to pay for it. But AVID is in serious trouble and needs to act.
Video Slave 4.3.477
Old 04-05-2019, 05:26 AM

https://www.pro-tools-expert.com/hom...sive-interview

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 04-05-2019, 05:44 AM

Summary:

The latest version of Pro Tools was due to be a 2019.1 release, but the challenges to get the non-stop playback or continuous playback feature working have delayed the release.

It was then due to be a 2019.3 release, but late in the testing phase, issues with the additional voices on HDX systems started to appear, with around 15% of systems tested having an issue with streaming errors. This is why they had to cancel the planned Pro Tools 2019 release.

The plan for now is to revert to 256 to 768 voices for HDX systems, which involves new firmware for the HDX crds and time to fully test the new firmware before they can release the first release of 2019, which Francois confirmed would be 2019.5.

However, they are honouring the announcement of more voices for Pro Tools Ultimate Standalone software and Pro Tools HD Native with Pro Tools Ultimate in the upcoming 2019.5 release. These users will also be able to buy or rent voice packs in blocks of 128 voices up to maximum of 768 voices, to match the maximum voice count for an HDX3 system.

They are continuing to work on getting the extra voices for HDX systems but they do not have a timescale for this yet.

We discussed the new Session app with Creator Credits and how this will be implemented into a future version of Pro Tools in 2020.

We learnt that multi-seat licensing, originally announced with the release of Pro Tools 2018.1 will not have to wait until the release of 2019.5 to be implemented. Multi-seat licensing should be available from April 8th 2019. This will be great news especially for educational establishment. More information to follow.

Francois explained how the new feature for Pro Tools First users, being able to store more than 3 projects locally on a user’s computer and choose which 3 are shared in the cloud and that Pro Tools First users won’t have to wait for Pro Tools 2019, that this is an entitlement that is already happening in user’s accounts now.

Phone +46707773443