Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 08-17-2008, 12:57 PM

Default Anyone using Stylus with their PT rig?

I'm diving, for the first time, into the world of software synths etc and am having a few issues. I am hoping that some other PTHD users have found solutions and can share them.

I bought Spectrasonics Atmosphere, Trilogy and Stylus. I've had no issues with Atmosphere and it sounds amazing btw. Trilogy has caused PT to crash a couple times, but I'm not worried about that for the moment. What I'm concerned about is that Stylus tells me I'm out of memory OR just stops being able to load new grooves etc after a little use. It's not being used in any session with a ton of rtas plug ins etc so I'm not sure what the deal is.

My computer is well equipped with a core2quad Q9450 and 4 gigs of memory etc. I have gone down the PT checklist and optimized my rig for PT. I would assume that if my rig is optimized for PT it would be pretty much set up to be as efficient as possible for Stylus too, but I could be wrong.

I'd love to hear from others who are using Stylus and what you've done to use it successfully with your HD rig.

thanks.
Old 08-17-2008, 11:56 PM

Cool Stylus etc

Hi,

I have been using Stylus for a while now. First in the original version and now with STYLUS RMX. There was an upgrade that worked better with RTAS. I do still get the occassional out of memory but not like the old version used to.

I guess just make sure you have the latest version.

I hope something in there helps.

best

Big D
3 x WD500gig SATA, 1 x WD1T32mb SATA cache Green
NVIDIA Geforce 7300le,
Command 8,HD2,192,Massive Pack 4
Windows 7 64 bit PTHD 9
Old 08-18-2008, 09:57 AM
Avid

Which version of Pro Tools are you running? Do you have the latest versions of those plug-ins installed?

See my sig for links to more troubleshooting tips/info.
Old 09-22-2008, 08:28 AM

Default Re: Anyone using Stylus with their PT rig?

Hi,

I'm getting the same issue as I audition RMX loops, memory counter increases till the "out of memory" message without going back unless I re-load the plugin.
I read in northernsounds forum that this is a host-to-plugin memory management problem, then I launched Cubase SX3, loaded Stylus RMX auditioned a couple of loops and the big difference in behavior: memory counter increases too as I audition loops BUT only inside the same group, for example, I'm listening to Nº51 - "scuba duba" and its variations (scuba duba combo, beat, lofi, etc). As I change the loop group, to 52 (Alice's Dream) or any other, the memory counter comes back to zero.
That makes me think northensound guy was right.

By the way, Protools version here: 7.4.5, HD2 system, windows XP SP3, Stylus RMX 1.5.1

Hope you can help. Thanks in advance,

Gabriel Dib.