How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 11
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-14-2013, 02:13 AM

Default Cant download pro tools 11 :(

Hi

I bought my pro tools 11 just now thru my Avid account.

I cant even get past the Avid Software Activation and Download!

I put in my user account name in ilok doesn't take.

And I downloaded newest ilok driver from Avid. I opened up my ilok I don't even see pro tools 11 in there unless Im not suppose too.

please advise?

GREAT! I JUST READ I NEED TO BUY A NEW ILOK2?! WTF! AVID YOU MAKE US SPEND MORE MONEY! Why cant we just use are original ilok key?!!!!!

Thank you

Last edited by shamanrock; 11-15-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Old 11-14-2013, 12:25 PM
Avid

Post Re: Cant download pro tools 11 :(

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanrock View Post
I cant even get past the Avid Software Activation and Download!

I put in my user account name in ilok doesn't take.
If it's not accepting your iLok User ID then you are probably entering it incorrectly. This is not anything printed on the iLok, or your Avid account (email address), but the User ID you use to sign into ilok.com or in iLok License Manager.

Quote:
I JUST READ I NEED TO BUY A NEW ILOK2?! WTF! AVID YOU MAKE US SPEND MORE MONEY! Why cant we just use are original ilok key?!!!!!
This change was made in an ongoing effort to fight software piracy. The requirement for an iLok 2 is made clear in multiple locations including the Pro Tools 11 Upgrade page as well as the Pro Tools 11 FAQ. Sorry that you did not understand this requirement.

Log In to https://account.avid.com and click Your Products and you'll see your iLok (User) ID listed under your Pro Tools 10 product.

Thanks,
JC
Old 11-15-2013, 06:23 PM

Default Really AVID?! Does it have to be this difficult to download Pro Tools 11?!!

I try to contact my FREE TECH support with my ASC! I get this!
Invalid User
Invalid ASC Code, please check and try again.
Of course I cant call support on the phone your closed unless I can give you my code which it wont take on the phone either.

Last edited by shamanrock; 11-15-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:11 PM
Avid

Default Re: Cant download pro tools 11 :(

Using your forum email we found what we believe is your Avid account. Pro Tools 11 is not listed there, so although you will need the iLok 2 for Pro Tools 11 it looks like you have not yet activated Pro Tools 11 so you are not at the download step (iLok vs iLok 2 is not a factor at this point in the process).

You should have an Activation Code for Pro Tools 11 which you would enter at https://account.avid.com/index.cfm?navid=579 - after entering the Activation Code you enter your iLok User ID and other info. Please review the steps at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/h...ActivationCard and then let us know exactly what you have done along with the results.

Thanks,
JC
Old 11-15-2013, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiTechSupt View Post
Using your forum email we found what we believe is your Avid account. Pro Tools 11 is not listed there, so although you will need the iLok 2 for Pro Tools 11 it looks like you have not yet activated Pro Tools 11 so you are not at the download step (iLok vs iLok 2 is not a factor at this point in the process).

You should have an Activation Code for Pro Tools 11 which you would enter at https://account.avid.com/index.cfm?navid=579 - after entering the Activation Code you enter your iLok User ID and other info. Please review the steps at http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/h...ActivationCard and then let us know exactly what you have done along with the results.

Thanks,
JC
Hi finally someone trying to help me thank you! Ok now let me follow your instructions.

Ok I have NO activation code on my email receipt. I SEE in my email it says go to my account for code. I go to my account only to see NO pro tools 11 in my account though when I click on PRODUCTS YET NOT DOWNLOADED it does say here Pro Tools 11 download NOW...I click this on and I get enter code. Please advise?

Thank you
Old 11-15-2013, 07:22 PM
Avid

Question Re: Cant download pro tools 11 :(

Quote:
Ok I have NO activation code on my email receipt. I SEE in my email it says go to my account for code. I go to my account only to see NO pro tools 11 in my account though when I click on PRODUCTS YET NOT DOWNLOADED it does say here Pro Tools 11 download NOW...I click this on and I get enter code. Please advise?
Found your purchase from the Avid store (click View Order History in your account to see it). There's a Download Products button in your order that takes you to the iLok Information step where you should enter your iLok User ID. (If you look at Your Products you'll see your iLok User ID listed under your "Pro Tools 10.0 Upgrade from PT9" product.)

This will deposit the iLok license in your iLok account and the next step adds the software downloads to your Avid account (Your Products).

-JC
Old 11-15-2013, 07:31 PM

Quote:
Found your purchase from the Avid store. There's a Download Products button in your order that takes you to the iLok Information step where you should enter your iLok User ID. (If you look at Your Products https://account.avid.com/index.cfm?navid=574 you'll see your iLok User ID listed under your "Pro Tools 10.0 Upgrade from PT9" product.)

This will deposit the iLok license in your iLok account and the next step adds the software downloads to your Avid account (Your Products).

-JC
Hi JC

That was the first thing I did when I received Avids email receipt. I put in my ilok username and I keep getting pro tools 10+9 upgrade. Still NOT working my friend.

Please advise?

JC

OMG! It was explorer!! I had to click on some thing below to add everything on the page.
I have it now!

Geesh what a waste of time and energy.

Thank you JC!

I also want to say loud and clear! For all the trouble at times we all go thru trying to get things to work sometimes its our fault sometimes its not. This is one time AVID's Tech people HELPED me pretty quick after I sent them an email to my surprise! THANK YOU AVID TECH SUPPORT! :)
Old 11-15-2013, 07:37 PM
Avid

Quote:
I put in my ilok username and I keep getting pro tools 9+10 upgrade. Still NOT working my friend.

Please advise?
After entering your iLok User ID the page should read Eligible Products and list any products you have already activated that can be used to upgrade to Pro Tools 11. The page reads:
Please choose the product to be upgraded.
• Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle
Simply click Continue at this point (since you only have 1 qualifying product it is already selected).

-JC
Old 11-15-2013, 07:41 PM

Quote:
After entering your iLok User ID the page should read Eligible Products and list any products you have already activated that can be used to upgrade to Pro Tools 11. The page reads:
Please choose the product to be upgraded.
• Pro Tools 10+9 Bundle
Simply click Continue at this point (since you only have 1 qualifying product it is already selected).

-JC
JC

OMG! It was explorer!! I had to click on something below to add everything on the page.
I have it now!

Geesh what a waste of time and energy.

Thank you JC!

Last edited by shamanrock; 11-15-2013 at 10:01 PM.
Old 11-15-2013, 07:42 PM
Avid

Looks like it worked!

On to Section 3...
http://avid.force.com/pkb/articles/h...ActivationCard

-JC