Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2010, 11:37 AM

Default Re: Deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
big d and brandon i'm sincerly happy you are running fine,thats great. are you guys running chassis?
Well Yes I am. I've also run the system in the PC. I've also used a supported XW9300. All the systems ran fine. The thing is, Pro Tools HD does not run in every computer with a PCI slot. The supported computers are tested to run Pro Tools. If you are not running Pro Tools HD in a supported computer, you can have problems. The only way to know your system will work 100% with every update is to have a tested system known to work. Anything else you are on your own. The errors are not Avid's fault if you are running a unsupported system.
All the Best
Old 01-03-2010, 01:48 PM

I have never ever seen the 6031 error on any version of PT until today when I installed a demo of Dynamic Spectrum Mapper from Pro Audio Dsp. Got the error within the first 10 sec of using the plug.
I'm on PTHD 8.0.3

Could this be plug-in related after all?
Old 01-03-2010, 02:42 PM

some here have installed with no plug ins accept stock digi plug ins and get 6031's

if we have a sticky, lets say the sunburst computer sticky aka intel quad that everyone is having great success with and it also out muscles any qualified digi computer, why should we have to be limited?
digi should recognize the hard work that somone has done to make there product run better,they should jump on the band wagon. i'm getting way off course here.

i get the 6031 errors
i can make them go away
my computer is unchanged
how can this be a computer problem???

they only occur again for me after i have to install new software or make some other type of software change and i'm not talking about anything illegal here. read my sig, its something i swear by

p.s brandon i've been wanting to get in touch with you to talk about you exact chassis setup. didn't mean to offend handshakes beer on me
Old 01-03-2010, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x9blade View Post
some here have install with no plug ins but stock digi plug ins and get 6031's
respectfully brandon, i think your being unrealistic,out of touch digi as well with the qualified computer song.

i get the 6031 errors
i can make them go away
my computer is unchanged
how can this be a computer problem???

p.s brandon i've been wanting to get in touch with you to talk about you exact chassis setup. didn't mean to offend handshakes beer on me
I'm not offended. No worries. You are welcome to contact me anytime.

Here is the problem I'm having. You are not using a config that works and you are telling everyone, that is looking into pro tools on windows, that Pro Tools doesn't work. Pro Tools works very well on windows. It doesn't work on hardware that you are using but if you use the hardware that is supported, it works very very well. The fact that you are not using a qualified computer isn't digi's fault. Please stop blaming them for it! Fix your computer! I'm really sorry that your experiment didn't work out for you. I'm not using a supported computer either and would hate for an update to stop my Pro Tools rig form working. That is the risk we all take building our PC.

I think you should try to change your video card. I know digi says only the quado. I see them very cheap these days.
Best,
Brandon
Old 01-03-2010, 09:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post
I'm not offended. No worries. You are welcome to contact me anytime.

Here is the problem I'm having. You are not using a config that works and you are telling everyone, that is looking into pro tools on windows, that Pro Tools doesn't work. Pro Tools works very well on windows. It doesn't work on hardware that you are using but if you use the hardware that is supported, it works very very well. The fact that you are not using a qualified computer isn't digi's fault. Please stop blaming them for it! Fix your computer! I'm really sorry that your experiment didn't work out for you. I'm not using a supported computer either and would hate for an update to stop my Pro Tools rig form working. That is the risk we all take building our PC.

I think you should try to change your video card. I know digi says only the quado. I see them very cheap these days.
Best,
Brandon
Most of us are not asking them for a fix, we're begging them for a workaround. Although their stance and what you say may be correct ive never used a product that has worked flawlessly until they updated it, and now that its updated it renders the program completely useless on a system that worked fine and still works fine on all previous versions. Also they're claiming that our system has flaws but on 8.0 cs3 I have absolutely no flaws. No clicks, no pops nothing wrong, smooth sailing and stable. The DSP checker program says my comp is good to go. This is not as cut and dry as you're making it seem.

The other thing that I find is ridiculous is the error message we're getting is 6031 which completely has nothing to do with what Avid claims is wrong with our setup. The error mentions nothing about interupts and what not, it tells me that my CPU is maxed, which its not at all. This further makes me believe that they don't even really know whats going on. Just give us a check box to turn off the 6031's and they never have to deal with this problem again. Its such a small thing to ask in order to solve a problem that is going to keep happening on Windows systems. If you notice many peoples systems worked fine even with the updates then out of nowhere 6031's. Maybe it is all our computers fault... fine, this isnt a fight, Avid doesnt need to prove me wrong. Users are asking for a workaround give it to them.
Old 01-03-2010, 10:54 PM

by the way sorry but i can't seem to find the supported computers for pc can someone post a link please
Old 01-03-2010, 11:33 PM

http://www.digidesign.com/index.cfm?...d=100&eid=6751
Old 01-04-2010, 05:40 AM

thanks brandon
Old 01-04-2010, 03:59 PM

Hi x9Blade,

Happy to answer and try to help if I can.

Yes I am running a chassis. It is an older chassis. 7 slot PCI SBS (digidesign) Although it is not supported any longer I believe, it has been running so far.

I will update if I have any glitches but certainly no 6031's which has been a blessing.

best regards,

Big D
3 x WD500gig SATA, 1 x WD1T32mb SATA cache Green
NVIDIA Geforce 7300le,
Command 8,HD2,192,Massive Pack 4
Windows 7 64 bit PTHD 9
Old 01-04-2010, 08:48 PM

Exclamation Re: Deleted posts!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandonx1 View Post

Just a note of caution on these "qualified" computers.
Digi didn't test all of them with PT8.x if you follow the specific model links...
I know that the xw8600s are going well, 1st generation xw8400 are pretty good, 2nd gen xw8400s are questionable. Yet to build a z800, a week away or so...
An xw8200 is on the bench shortly...
All on XP SP3.