How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools 12
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2017, 04:56 AM

Default Playlist Selection Behavior - Linear vs Cycle

I'm on 12.8.2, previously 12.7.x.

Cycling through playlists used to be linear - you could scroll through the playlists and at the end of the list you could go no further. Somewhere in 12.6 or 12.6 that behavior changed and playlist selection became a cycle - meaning you could scroll through with key commands or a surface and when you reached the last playlist you could keep going and go right back to the first playlist.

At first, I hated this - but I got used to it and found that it sped up comping.

With 12.8.2, this behavior is back to the traditional behavior. Is there a way to restore the cycling behavior? I looked through prefs and couldn't find it.

Best...H
Old 11-12-2017, 04:58 AM

Default Re: Playlist Selection Behavior - Linear vs Cycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Logichead View Post
I'm on 12.8.2, previously 12.7.x.

Cycling through playlists used to be linear - you could scroll through the playlists and at the end of the list you could go no further. Somewhere in 12.6 or 12.6 that behavior changed and playlist selection became a cycle - meaning you could scroll through with key commands or a surface and when you reached the last playlist you could keep going and go right back to the first playlist.

At first, I hated this - but I got used to it and found that it sped up comping.

With 12.8.2, this behavior is back to the traditional behavior. Is there a way to restore the cycling behavior? I looked through prefs and couldn't find it.

Best...H
No, it was a bug of sorts that got fixed. The original way and current way is as intended.

Mixing and Mastering click here to get started.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:31 PM

Default Re: Playlist Selection Behavior - Linear vs Cycle

I ended up seeing the value in the alternate (cycling) behavior - wish they had made it a preference.

Thanks for your help. Best...H