Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Pro Tools Hardware > Eleven Rack

Old 12-13-2012, 08:22 AM

Default Eleven Rack i/o question?

What physical inputs show up as i/o in Pro Tools? More specifically, can you use the physical FX send as an output? For example to send a separate headphone mix out to a headphone amp? Does the FX sends show up as separate inputs and outputs like any other interface?

Thanks for any help, looking at getting an Eleven Rack to use as my sole interface just wanna make sure it will meet my needs.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:45 AM

Default Re: Eleven Rack i/o question?

The headphone jack on the 11R will only mirror the main output. If you want a separate mix to headphones you will need to use the digital Spidf out to a D/A converter to a headphone amp. Or a headphone amp with a Spidf input like the Aphex Headpod for $199.

You might do better to get a separate interface like the Focusrite Sapphire Pro 40, and then hook up the 11R to it digitally.
Old 12-13-2012, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jc7 View Post
What physical inputs show up as i/o in Pro Tools? More specifically, can you use the physical FX send as an output? For example to send a separate headphone mix out to a headphone amp? Does the FX sends show up as separate inputs and outputs like any other interface?

Thanks for any help, looking at getting an Eleven Rack to use as my sole interface just wanna make sure it will meet my needs.
For Pro Tools inputs you have stereo rig output, stereo line-in, stereo digital-in (SPDIF or AES/EBU), and mic and guitar input (one of which (or other Eleven Rack inputs) can feed the rig at a time but you have access to both mic and instrument inputs in Pro Tools as well as the processed rig output). The (stereo) FX sends lives within the virtual rig processing chain, the FX outs can provide handy additional line level outputs but its not a Pro Tools output. All these sort of questions are likely answered in the Eleven Rack User Guide. http://akmedia.digidesign.com/suppor...v90x_71670.pdf
Old 12-13-2012, 01:21 PM

But he's mainly asking about outputs, specifically physical outputs.