Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > 003, Mbox 2, Digi 002, original Mbox, Digi 001 (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 12-30-2001, 07:22 AM

Default HELP! Lost mp3 option...

hi all,

I have a problem. I used to have the mp3-option in PTLE. Since i liked it that much i purchased it from the web-site. Some time ago i had a computercrash and i had to put all the software back on the pc. Now i seem to have lost the mp3-option. I first continued to use the demo thinking it will ask the challenge-code when it expires.

Wrong thinking.....it asked for a disk.....wich i dont have. But i DO have the challenge.....

Did anyone had a simular problem?

(i already sent an a-mail to digi to ask them...)

Bastiaan

Bastiaan
Old 12-30-2001, 11:08 AM

Default Re: HELP! Lost mp3 option...

Hey Bastiaan,
That certainly is a Digi support problem. In the mean time if you need to use MP3, bounce your song in 16 bit 44.1 wav format and use Music Match Jukebox for conversion. It is a free download from www.musicmatch.com I've heard that NIRO has more features, but converting to MP3 is a simple task and you can do it in 4 or 5 different qualities in Music Match very fast. Good luck.
Allen [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
Old 12-31-2001, 12:06 AM
Administrator

Owners of MP3 Export or MP3 Option can download backups or updates from the Support/Downloads section at www.digidesign.com/download
Old 12-31-2001, 12:26 AM

Allen and Digidesign,
Thanx for all the input. I have got my option back now. The download of the version for 5.1.1 did the trick. I just made the mistake downloading the wrong one, so it kept giving errors.

I dont understand how the copy-protection/autorization works, but i can tell you: it works!

I ended up deleting everything from my drive including pace-files and d-verb and everything, and i got d-verb back and i also didnt need a autorization for dverb. Probably somewhere hidden in my system....Thumbs up!

Bastiaan

Bastiaan