Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2010, 03:30 PM

Default Pardon me, but do you know where my midi files are?

This is probably a stupid question, but this is the first time I've needed to import a midi file and can't find it.

I want to import a midi file from another session into a new session, but there is no folder in the sessions for midi files. There's one for audio files and backups etc, but where the xxxx are the midi files for sessions stored?

It seems strange that they wouldn't just be in a midi file folder with each session, but that would be too easy to find.

thanks in advance,
Steve
Old 05-20-2010, 12:29 AM

Default Re: Pardon me, but do you know where my midi files are?

Hi YA,

MIDIFILES aren't a seperate entity in PRO TOOLS. They are a part of the session data. You need to open the old session then export the MIDI as a MIDIFILE which you can then IMPORT into a new session.

Alternatively you can use the SESSION data import function and import the MIDI tracks into a new session which will keep all your VSTs, midi ins & outs etc. intact as well.

Hope that helps,

best ,

BIG D
3 x WD500gig SATA, 1 x WD1T32mb SATA cache Green
NVIDIA Geforce 7300le,
Command 8,HD2,192,Massive Pack 4
Windows 7 64 bit PTHD 9