Avid Pro Audio Community

Avid Pro Audio Community

How to Join & Post  •  Community Terms of Use  •  Help Us Help You

Knowledge Base Search  •  Community Search  •  Learn & Support

Avid Home Page

Go Back   Avid Pro Audio Community > Legacy Products > Pro Tools TDM Systems (Win)
Register FAQ Today's Posts Search

Old 01-04-2009, 05:30 PM

Default Trying to convert to MP3-It's killing my computer-Help

Ok, I'm sitting here trying to BTD and convert a 24/96 song to MP3 and twice now, it's caused the same horrific issue.
-the song plays as normal and then when the song is finished and PT starts to convert to do the conversion, PT goes bye bye and I get a black Windows screen with a message saying, "OMP Abort: initializing libguide.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized. This can cause performance degredation. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB=TRUE if you want your program to continue in this case. "

Anyone out there have any idea what's going on and how I can get a freakin' MP3 out of my wonderful PTHD?

thanks.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:44 PM

Default Re: Trying to convert to MP3-It's killing my computer-Help

Hi,
trashing prefs and Digi Databases made it work for me.
good luck
J.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:22 AM

If that doesn't work, a quick work-around would be to create a new audio track, route your master fader into that strip and bounce/record straight back into PT. Then, export the region (ctl+shift+"K") as an mp3. I know this won't "fix" your problem, but if you're stuck in a crunch this is a good fix. I also know a lot of people who use this method instead of Bounce to Disc. They claim it's better quality...but I can't really say.

Last edited by Porky; 01-15-2009 at 08:24 AM. Reason: add
Old 04-07-2009, 06:17 PM

I just started having this problem as well - will output AIFF and WAV just fine, but I get the nasty black box error message if I try to output to MP3. It also suddenly won't let me output to anything other than 44.1 or 48K. I'm on a PC PT LE 7.3 w/ Windows XP. Getting rid of Digi Databases didn't help; and I can't find the Preferences folder - are you suggesting that I go back to the PT default prefs? Seems like something got corrupted -- maybe when I copied my PT session and audio files to a USB backup drive.
Thanks for any help...
Old 04-07-2009, 06:45 PM

Dug around more and this did the trick:

right-click on the desktop icon: My computer.

Locate: Advanced, then Environment Variables, then New

enter as name: KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB_OK, enter as value: TRUE

exit with OK
Old 11-11-2009, 05:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by guitarzzan View Post
Ok, I'm sitting here trying to BTD and convert a 24/96 song to MP3 and twice now, it's caused the same horrific issue.
-the song plays as normal and then when the song is finished and PT starts to convert to do the conversion, PT goes bye bye and I get a black Windows screen with a message saying, "OMP Abort: initializing libguide.lib, but found libguide40.lib already initialized. This can cause performance degredation. Set environment variable KMP_DUPLICATE_LIB=TRUE if you want your program to continue in this case. "

Anyone out there have any idea what's going on and how I can get a freakin' MP3 out of my wonderful PTHD?

thanks.
Isn't this going to create performance degradation problems as it is stated? Are you sure it is worth it to do this "this environment" change?
So far after seeing this "terryfying" message I decided to bounce wave file and convert that to mp3 with Wavelab....

Antonis